Job descriptionMobile Air Conditioning Engineer, £35,000 - £37,000, Permanent
PRS Southampton are looking to recruit an experience Air Conditioning Engineer to look after multiple commercial buildings predominately in the Aldershot, Slough and Hounslow area.
This role of the Air Conditioning Engineer is expected to start around the end of July.
The role requires the Air Conditioning engineer to work on all types of air conditioning units. They do maintain generators, but these are contracted out though some familiarisation will be provided on the job. The Air Conditioning engineering role will eventually require the individual to go on a 24/7 call out system operated on a rota. The Air Conditioning Engineer will be expected occasionally to attend sites away from home, but my client provide fully paid expenses for this.
The engineer will be trained in Air Conditioning having experience of installations, service/ maintenance, repairs/brazing work and importantly fault finding. They will have some experience on all types of air conditioning units including, Splits, multi-splits, VRV, VRF, FCU’s, AHU’s, DX systems, packed systems, extract and supply air systems, remote condensers, dry coolers and Chillers.
Required Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds Part 2 and 3 Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (NVQ Level’s 2 & 3 or equivalent
- CITB Safe Handling of Refrigerants (including brazing)
- F Gas (Cat 1)
- Engineering experience
- Good communication skills
- Engineering qualification HND, BTEC ONC or equivalent (desirable)
- Controls/Electrical knowledge (desirable)
- Asbestos Handling (desirable though training can be provided)
- Working at Height i.e. PASMA/IPAF (desirable though training can be provided)
- BMS knowledge (advantageous though some familiarisation on this will be provided)
Package and Benefits
- Salary is dependent on experience, other benefits:
- Engineers paid an allowance per day when away
- Engineers paid double time for call outs – out of office hours
- Engineers paid a retainer to be on call out
- Personnel Contributory Pension Scheme in accordance to latest government incentives
- On completion of satisfactory 6-month probationary period:
- Sovereign Health Cash Back Plan
- Death in Service Insurance
- Business Mobile Phone
- Commercial Vehicle (when training completed)