Job descriptionArea General Manager
Data Centre (M&E Engineering)
£80,000 to £90,000
PRS are pleased to be working with one of our best clients in their search for a key strategic hire within their Data Centre division, for an Area General Manager. The Area General Manager will be responsible for a cluster of data centers based in Hillingdon, covering hard FM service provision and Account Management.
They are looking for a high-performing candidate with extensive data center engineering knowledge to run the business in it’s entirety, including full P&L responsibility, strategic growth planning, client-facing management, and development of the team of contract managers, engineers and support staff.
The purpose of the job is providing strategic leadership, management, and development of a defined contract’s, ensuring financial, and operational commitments are met and exceeded. The role will require close liaison with clients, internal senior managers and lead contract support. The operation should be Proactive and driven to achieve total customer satisfaction, whilst ensuring operational and fiscal plans are at least achieved.
Key Responsibilities include
- Provide strategic leadership, and ensuring the planned development of a defined portfolio of contracts to ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within contracts.
- Ensure that contracts provide a healthy and safe working conditions.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, taking direct responsibility for the appointment of Engineers, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Working with Senior Management to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues.
- Development of financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Ensure appropriate contract review, audit and control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Education A good general education is essential, ideally to degree standard but possibly to HND level.
- Training Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
- Up to date technical knowledge of ACOP’s, FGAS, fire and environmental control measures, building control requirements, and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Experience [Essential] Managerial experience at Contract Manager level within a HVAC led business is essential.
- Practical experience must include recruitment and line management/supervisory experience. Technical experience in both Commercial A/C and Chillers / Applications.