Job descriptionWe are currently looking to support our nationally recognised and market leading client in their search for an Asset Manager to cover their South region. Offering a competitive salary and car allowance, this position is ideally suited to a committed achiever who brings ambition, strong-communication and direction to their work.
Purpose of the Position -
- To support the Head of Operational Asset Management in the development and delivery of long-term central and client asset management strategies, providing direction, guidance and support to the various embedded programme delivery teams.
- The Asset Manager will be responsible for validating realistic targets and performance measurement indicators, monitoring compliance, benchmarking asset data and performance across a diverse range of asset portfolios and contracts.
- Ensure industry leading processes and strategies are deployed and developed to ensure consistent performance and quality standards for planned and reactive works in consultation with customers that can be utilised in asset management programs across the organisations client base.
- The role is pivotal in supporting new standards and systems to the organisation in line with the company’s Strategic Development Goals, including introducing Asset Management Systems based on ISO 55001 and transferring best asset management practice across all accounts. This will include capturing and disseminating best practice, undertaking audits and assessments, taking ownership and accountability for mobilisations, Asset Onboarding and improvement measures on existing accounts.
- Maintain effective lifecycle asset models and other associated tools for assets, to produce optimal asset operation, replacement and refurbishment plans and associated capital investment plans, to enable assets to be maintained, renewed and developed to match current and future business requirements safely and economically, ensuring these are integrated effectively into business planning processes. Understand and integrate with Building Information Modelling (BIM) projects from Client construction and refurbishment schemes.
- Collaborate with the in house IT department as well as Central and Operational Asset Management teams to maintain and develop data quality analysis methodologies to optimise system performance. To utilise these approaches to ensure processes, procedures and asset data quality are being implemented and maintained to an acceptable level.
- Management and reporting into the business.
- To optimise the operating efficiency of assets, systems and subsystems across the portfolio through systematic management in line with best practice based on ISO55001
- Ownership and accountability for new contract mobilisations, asset onboarding and deployment of the the company's Asset Management systems to new and existing contracts.
- Encourage the creation of a constructive culture, working collaboratively with engineering operations management, frontline staff and stakeholders to implement the asset management transformation programmes.
- Support and drive new operating initiatives and opportunities across the business and effectively implement any changes to the business.
- To use data analysis techniques to highlight and inform site-based Asset / Contract managers of asset performance and data quality exceptions.
- Assist with the implementation of asset management processes and procedures, which enable the collection of asset data across the whole portfolio, maintain effective asset performance history and produce asset life cycle plans, life cycle cost projections and capex investment forecasts.
- Facilitate the application of risk-based methodologies and support each Account Team with knowledge, training and appropriate tools.
- Monitor the use of planning and asset reporting strategies, using computerised asset management system including evaluation and developing sustainable solutions for underperforming assets.
- Understand the principles of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and advise and support Clients and Operational teams in the specification of BIM standards and implementation of BIM outputs into the CMMS system and asset registers.
- Support strategic relationships with both Operational and IT teams to effect change to support future customer needs.
- Ensure standards are maintained by the operational teams to ensure correct quality information is loaded into the CMMS systems at every stage of fault diagnostic through to job completion to ensure that real-time information is available for customer communication and data analysis.
- To drive continuous improvement in asset data quality in line with the asset management strategy and processes.
- To consult with IT to identify / develop new tools and techniques for delivering asset management and reporting into the business.
- Minimum 3 years' experience within a similar role.
- An understanding of Asset Management within Construction/FM/Property
- Membership of RICS, CIOB or similar professional organisation.
- Ability to evidence of senior stake holder management, both internal and external.
- Financially literate, able to understand financial statements, comfortable with financial modelling
- Ability to manage complex financial model, discounted cash flow techniques and social sustainability assessment
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, if you have not had a response within 7 days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.