Job descriptionAssistant Building Services Manager
North London Colleges
£40,000 - £45,000
PRS are pleased to be working with this exciting Property Group who manage the Building Services for a cluster of colleges in North London who are recruiting for an Assistant Building Services Manager. The role includes being responsible for Electrical and Mechanical disciplines, Building Fabric disciplines, Site Managers and Caretakers on PPM and reactive maintenance works.
The postholder will be assisting with ensuring the delivery of the service within the allocated budget, whilst identifying divisional pressures and contributing to the overall savings and business improvement plan. You will also be assisting with providing expert specialist and professional construction, building and or engineering advice to members of the estates and facilities department
The Assistant Building Services Manager is to work with the Building Services Manager, to ensure that the highest quality of service delivery is maintained and to ensure that Staff and Students see a one team approach to the delivery of estates & facilities services. This will be measured by reference to the CAFM system, structured review of compliments and complaints, and routine feedback from line management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of the mechanical, electrical, BMS and building fabric services across the sites in terms of safety, quality, and environmental impact. To ensure that the service delivery team is trained and competent for the roles for which they are responsible as well as conformance with environmental and Health & Safety requirement and to manage an upskilling programme for all staff.
- Assist with contribution as part of the department management team to the Estates Condition & Statutory Investment Plan advising on capital investment in the estate within a framework which is aware of the future estate strategy and development proposals.
- Assist with managing departmental budget, identifying resource requirements and controlling expenditure within their allocated budget, including achievement of income targets and the identification and delivery of identified savings and business improvement initiatives (which shall include service innovations).
- Assist with preparing Service Development Plans for the Building Services Division, demonstrating vision in relation to sustained development of a client centred service.
- Assist with ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance is identified, met and recorded in respect of the inspection, maintenance, and compliance of the estate.
- Assist with providing specialist support to the Health & Safety team in respect of estates management issues.
- Assist with ensuring risk management policies and procedures are communicated and implemented within the building service division.
- Assist with providing strategic support to the Building Services Manager to deliver CCCG’s quality, innovation, energy/carbon and value for money agenda across the area of responsibility.
- Assist with providing accurate reporting information for further repairs or installation.
- Participate in the Estates & Facilities department’s on-call service for out of hours response to service requests and incidents.
- Assist with procuring outsourced building services from specialist contractors, ensuring appropriate quality standards are set and delivered.
- Assist with the effective management and monitoring of the outsourced building services delivered by specialist contractors.
- Ensures teamwork with the building services specialist contractors to ensure a high performance, customer focused culture within the delivery team.
- Understand the expectation on service levels of the service provided and ensure that service provision is in line with agreed deliverables. Supporting the team to organise and prioritise workload.
- Ensure that building services team presents a professional, can-do approach to their customers.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Has worked in a banking/blue chip environment would be of benefit
- Electrical bias, but can be mechanical with good/proven electrical experience/knowledge
- Experience of multiple sites
- Experience within supervisory role
- Customer focused and has an attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills