Job descriptionAssistant Project Manager / Project Coordinator
£40,000 to £45,000
PRS are excited to be working in partnership with this large, national Building Services contractor to recruit for a Assistant Project Manager / Project Coordinator. They have a requirement for a Assistant Project Manager / Project Coordinator to support the Project Manager in the delivery of mechanical and electrical (M&E) maintenance services as well as a variety of small and medium project works
The project team generally deliver low and medium sized projects (£50k to £500k). Implementation is primarily through a measured term contract utilising the PSA schedule of Rates for PMST and NEC3 for SE.
An Assistant Project Manager / Project Coordinator with good administration, H&S, project, and commercial awareness is required to support the project team at key stages of project delivery.
Essential knowledge for the role includes a general Mechanical or Electrical background or qualification, as well previous project experience. The successful applicant will have an analytical approach to estimating and pricing, as well as possessing strong IT Skills including MS Project.
- General Administration – Printing, minute taking etc.
- Open Jobs - NAV & Concept, set up job folders - Including filing.
- Raise PO's and Invoices
- Deal with incoming enquiries in a professional and efficient manner, directing the issue to the appropriate member of the team where necessary.
- Assist with basic project delivery.
- Organising Meetings and Site Visits, minute taking as required.
- Detailed Project Reporting - Weekly / Monthly Project Reports / Cost Reports
- Typing and general correspondence including preparation of reports/specifications.
- Compilation of RAM's
- General Project Costing and pre-tender estimates by liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors when required.
- Review of tender returns and cost alignment ensuring compliance with tender documentation.
- Understand CDM to undertake Health & Safety Inspections
- Attend training sessions as required by the Company or deemed a requirement through assessment or legislation.
- Supporting Account Director, Small Works Manager, Head of Projects, QS and other key members of the team in delivering the works to the satisfaction of Parliament
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with project teams and colleagues to maximise success of project delivery.
- Knowledge of MTCs and the PSA schedules of Rates would be advantageous.
This role will be subject to a Security Clearance check (paid for by the employer). If you would like to hear more about the role please send through your CV.