Job descriptionAssistant Project Manager – HVAC, 50,000
Project Manager required to work for an established Facilities Maintenance company who have grown from strength to strength during the last 7 years, who are after bolstering their projects department due to the maintenance contracts they have won and the project work that comes with it.
• Assist with Identifying and generating project opportunities.
• Liaise with key stakeholders on their requirements and explain the feasibility of their schemes to become a trusted advisor.
• Work with developers, designers and sub-contractors to define and document scope of work.
• Develop and understand some scope of works in line with the desired project business case and in turn outcome. This is to be within agreed budget requirements and required profit margins.
• Assist Managing, running and drawing up tenders on behalf of the customer as required.
• Work within the current CDM process. In the main taking on the role of the principal contractor.
• Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project they are leading.
• Ensure QHSE practices and processes are fully embedded in each project.
• Ensure full compliance with project management policies and procedures.
• Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project.
• Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans.
• Mutually agree on payment schedules and applications for payment to the benefit of the project and the business.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
• Provide timely monthly reports to the Project Manager in an agreed format.
• Identify and develop a short/medium and long term pipeline of Project opportunities.
• Leverage opportunities through visibility and presence on customer sites.
• Build strong effective working relationships with our customers and site teams.
• Build a pipeline of supply partners with the correct approvals in conjunction with the central procurement team.
• Assist with financial objectives.
• Analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
• Assist Ensuring the projects are commercially viable and satisfy the commercial terms of the contract.
• Assist all projects are managed through Company policies and procedures in relation to commercial activities.
The Project Process:
• Define and understand the scope of work to meet the customer’s specification.
• Assist pricing the works whilst returning expected profit margins.
• Engage with subcontractors under the correct commercial terms.
• Assist Defining the project plan and programme to deliver the works.
• Appraise all subcontractor RAMS to make sure that they are suitable and sufficient
• Be in attendance on-site for the works inclusive of any out of hour’s requirements.
• Ensure all variations to the works are captured, costed and claimed for.
• Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
• Commercial awareness
• Financial acumen
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to present with confidence
• Ability to understand commercial and financial metrics
• Internal and external customer management
• Networking skills
• Selling and negotiation skills
• Ability to deliver to deadlines
• Up to date knowledge of the construction market
• Be competent with Project Management methodology
• Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
• Minimum of 5 years proven Project Management experience in an M&E, FM, construction or critical environment
• Proven experience of running a P&L
• Extensive knowledge of PSA schedule of rates
• Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team
• CDM regulations
• IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS
• Recognised technical qualification in construction, M&E or similar
• Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy
• Recognised qualification in Project Management