Job descriptionBMS / Controls Engineer – Static - £45,000 to £50,000 plus BONUS and Training and Progression
Monday to Friday 08.00 to 17.00 plus great package – IN HOUSE -
The attached position is for a BMS / Controls engineer ( Schneider or Trend ) who is looking to join one of the fastest growing Data Centre design , build , maintenance and operations Company in the UK with loads of growth and opportunity we are looking to recruit an individual who has drive and desire to progress and become an SME within this highly technical and future proof sector.
• Provide Subject matter Expert (SME) knowledge, guidance and leadership in the development, quality and maintenance of the BMS systems.
• Ensure Controls Commissioning is completed to a consistent quality and standard, in line with Commissioning Principles.
• Develop standards and procedures for undertaking BMS repairs and upgrades ensuring zero downtime.
• Manage BMS system maintenance and projects across the portfolio, identifying appropriate risk to services to ensure correct implementation against standards and procedures.
• Identify issues that may lead to unnecessary failure of services, thereby minimising risk, disruption and inconvenience
• Proactively Identify areas of improvement to promote ‘best in class’ monitoring systems in line with technological advances to operate as the market leader.
• Undertake BMS projects under the direction of the Senior M&E Engineer.
• Collaborate with the campus operations teams in reducing all BMS alarms on all data centres across the data centre portfolio.
• Assist the campus operations teams in supervising network modifications, ensuring the network integrity.
• Assist the Campus Operations teams in the day to day engineering activities within the Data Centres.
• Work closely with Technology department (IT) to ensure that the controls and monitoring systems and networks align and integrate with the IT strategy and meet the highest level of compliance.
• Liaise with BMS sub-contractors, ensuring that regular maintenance is carried out with zero incidents and alarms are cleared after each routine service.
• Support the campus operations teams with remote assistance were deemed necessary to resolve faults and incidents.
• Support and train others to increase their understanding and awareness of our control and monitoring systems.
• Assist the campus operations teams in obtaining quotations for site upgrades.
• Provide advice on graphic and alarm modifications to BMS systems in conjunction with the ops team to ensure efficient operations.
• Monitor BMS controls to protect systems and network, ensuring that correct personnel have access to the monitoring systems.
• Advisor to campus operations teams on optimising existing technical infrastructure, balancing energy effectiveness with resilience.
• Surveys tests and report on existing control and monitoring installations, components and networks.
Support Campus in ensuring that all fire and health and safety regulations are adhered too.
Any other reasonable requests made by your line manager.
• City and Guilds, NVQ or equivalent
• HNC/HND or higher in an engineering discipline would be preferable
• Control and monitoring related training and certification.
• Schneider EBO, Trend IQ3/4 and or power monitoring expert training and certification would be preferable.
• Schneider EBO or SBO training and certification would be preferable
• Trend IQ range of components and IQ vision training and certification would be preferable.
• Several years of Commercial experience of control and monitoring systems.
• BMS System Commissioning
• Experience of Schneider EBO, SBO and Trend IQ would be preferable.
• BMS and PMS (Trend, Citect Scada, Schneider PSO, Schneider StruxureWare)
• Control Systems (Zelio logic and PLCs)
• Control System design
• Proactive and ambitious self-starter who focuses on problem solving and generating opportunities.
• Self-motivated with a drive to deliver exceptional service.
• Planning and organisation skills and able to prioritise to meet deadlines and cope with fluctuations in workload.
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to establish positive working relationships.
• Strong sense of customer service and demonstrates an understanding of needs of customers, keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.