Job descriptionBuilding Maintenance Engineer
£25,000 - £27,000 per annum plus overtime
Working on a long established commercial contract in Birmingham, our client is looking for an experienced and skilled maintenance handyperson/fabric engineer, to join a small hard working team. This is a a static role working Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm, with overtime available to boost earnings.
Main duties will include (but not limited to)
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc)
- First line response to reactive repairs
- Relamping of defective lighting
- Minor building fabric repairs-Basic Carpentry, Carpet Tiling, Locks
- Minor decorating tasks
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner
- Proactively walk the floors, reporting any maintenance or H&S issues to the helpdesk and appropriate manager.
Ideally, you'll have a trade background (with qualifications to back this up), and live within reasonable commuting distance of Birmingham City Centre.
To apply for this position please click 'apply now' to forward your CV.