Job descriptionBuilding Manager
City of London - Managing Agent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the provision of facility management services in accordance with Customer Agreements, Specifications and KPI’s and set Policies & Procedures
- Establish and proactively manage positive working relationships with occupiers and ensure regular meetings both formal and informal are undertaken both individually and with the Property Manager.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office essential.
- Carry out monthly property inspections of communal areas and record on H&S management system within 2 working days of inspection taking place. Instruct and actively manage to
- Manage and monitor Health and Safety systems and ensure performance statistics are maintained at a minimum 97% compliance level. Provide frequent updates to the PM for client reporting.
- Manage Health and Safety compliance by all suppliers and ensure ongoing reviews are being undertaken and spot checks of site H&S files completed. Raise and maintain relevant permits and permissions for contract and adhoc works.
- Manage directly employed and contractors staff/ personnel on site. Review staff personnel job descriptions to ensure alignment with occupier and client expectations on service delivery standards.
- Raise Purchase Orders and authorise supplier invoices in accordance with delegated authority levels and in line with Procurement Policy.
- Oversee the delivery of common area services, lead and direct suppliers as required to achieve this to an appropriate standard and in line with set KPIs and SLAs.
- Review contracts across both soft and hard services on a regular basis to ensure value for money, prepare specifications and tender/benchmark contracts to ensure Procurement is carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
This job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment and may be reasonably amended from time to time.
- Review site specific procedures and associated accreditations on regular basis with help of external consultants where required.
- Be available to assist with emergency calls out of hours e.g. liaising with suppliers to ensure urgent attendance.
- Monitor progress on property insurance claims and report to the Property Manager.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained by appointed approved contractors on regular basis and ensure full records are kept of all PPP and ad hoc works undertaken. Manage ongoing maintenance regimes and minor maintenance works where applicable and provide input on larger projects managed by external consultants.
- Ensure the regular functional testing of fire and other alarm systems in compliance with statutory and other regulations. Undertake regular checks of all firefighting equipment and maintain all necessary logs for recording such tests and checks.
- Ensure that all regulations and/ or procedures introduced by the Landlord for the efficient management of the properties are complied with.
- Be familiar with all statutory requirements relating to the ownership and occupation of the properties, including all Health & Safety, Disabled Access and Fire Regulations and attend internally provided training courses
- Set up and run monthly topic meetings with the site tenants to cover environmental, waste, security and other topics.
- Review site services provided to the occupiers on regular basis and propose improvements based on changes to industry and new practices and occupancy requirements.
- Assist the PM with preparation of SC budgets and reconciliations by obtaining contract costs and reviewing PPMs.