Job descriptionBuilding Manager
Tower Hill, London
£50,000 to £55,000
PRS are pleased to be recruiting for a Building Manager for our client who is a Facilities Management provider delivering a TFM solution to a highly regarded organisation who are world-leaders in their field. The Building Manager we are looking for will have experience of managing a multi-tenanted building and direct reports of a team of Front of House, Facilities Assistants and cleaners, as well as contractor management for the Hard FM services.
Based at the recently refurbished headquarters in the City of London, you will be responsible for managing all day-to-day office-related activities and providing the best office & workplace experience. Your goal is to provide inspiring and safe spaces whilst preserving their good condition. You will support the client’s diverse portfolio of business activities. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the head office & workplaces in our portfolio of premises as well as those working from home.
Main duties of the role include:
- To act as the main point of call for all queries related to office services, maintenance, mail, couriers, supplies, equipment, bills, and health & safety.
- To manage all office service contracts with 3rd parties including and not limited to the total facilities management (TFM) contract; using the appropriate technology to ensure effective service delivery.
- To implement and evaluate the office & workspace strategy, recommending adaptations to meet changing circumstances.
- To act as Health and Safety Advisor to the Executive Team.
- To implement office policies and procedures ensuring they meet compliance requirements, especially the health and safety policy; to monitor risks for non-compliance in conjunction with the risk management policy.
- To ensure the delivery of office & workplace change projects, and to report on progress and performance.
- To develop and motivate service delivery teams to achieve their objectives; to ensure their objectives contribute to the overall delivery of the organisation’s strategy.
- To build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels, providing key updates and guidance on how to improve working conditions as required.
- To act as a key sustainability representative, identifying areas of improvement for our environmental and sustainability goals while implementing the current policies in place.
- To evaluate and review office & workplace performance against customers’ quality requirements and quality management principles whilst maintaining productive working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- To monitor the delivery of objectives against cashflow limits and budgets, reporting variances and preparing business cases for change.
- Office & workplace management is aligned to industry best practice, and emerging areas of business thinking are incorporated into innovative ways of working in workplace plans and projects
- Workplaces are productive environments that are well maintained that are used by colleagues and customers to achieve the organisation’s strategic objectives
- The organisation’s facilities are used efficiently and effectively with services that ensure a safe and secure workplace to perform business tasks
- The workplaces have embedded sustainability goals into every workplace location.
Knowledge & Skills for this job
- Must contain relevant Health and Safety qualification or be willing to work towards (IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety)
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Willingness to use initiative and take responsibility for the smooth function of the office environments in all locations
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism at all times
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptive to new ideas and change
- Potential to manage other staff around administrative functions across the wider business