About the Client
Our customer is a specialist energy and water management company, established in 2012, that operates in the UK, Germany, Spain, Holland and India.
In the UK, they specialises in energy efficiency investment projects and adds value to its clients in a number of ways from high quality project delivery, provision of funding solutions and technical consultancy services.
A market leader in the UK housing market for Communal and District Heating, and have an extensive portfoilio of clients. They advise on a combined portfolio stock of over 300,000 units.
The business has a strong can-do ethos with a passion for making things happen. They are expanding its operations in the London & the South East and is seeking a Business Development Manager to drive growth in this region.
Purpose of the Job
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will extensively network across London and the South East to find new customers for district / communal heating delivery projects and energy efficiency programmes, developing a repeat client base. The BDM will be responsible for securing new opportunities and converting them into contract.
The BDM will support the Head of Energy Infrastructure in account managing our existing customers in the region, leveraging the existing client base to drive repeat business, support in finding and writing high value bids and developing proposals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· Sales, account management and networking in the social housing sector
· Develop an expanded network of repeat social housing clients in the London / South East region for energy delivery projects
· Develop proposals for new district / communal heating projects including technology appraisals and commercials
· Assist clients in the production of approval documents and internal project briefings and proposals
· Assist in production of quality responses & administration for tenders
· Project manage range of activities and projects as required
· Plan, contribute and manage lead generation activities. Develop and attend promotional events
· Act as initial point of contact for all client queries in region. Develop and maintain project plans including performance, reporting and ensure projects are delivered according to companies quality processes
· Manage pipeline of allocated / developed accounts and provide regular updates on changes to the Head of Energy Infrastructure
· Support Delivery and Finance teams in the allocation of Project Purchase Orders from clients, invoicing and cash collect
Educated to degree level with proven experience and success in a sales environment (minimum 3 years)
Confidence, tenacity and drive
Ability to communicate at all levels
Ability to communicate complex proposals simply
High level of literacy and ability to write high quality project proposals
Bid writing experience
Good commercial acumen
Ability to gain confidence of clients and create strong working relationships
Experience of developing energy efficiency projects
Experience of UK social housing Market
Understanding of district / communal heating market
Basic - £35k - £40K + commission structure on new business secured
OTE Y1 - £50k