Job descriptionMy client is a leading building maintenance provider and is now seeking an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) based from their Northwest office, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of two / three years proven sales/business development experience from a relevant sector background (eg. Mechanical/Electrical maintenance, facilities management, building services etc. The role is a permanent position with a basic of 65-75k plus package (car allowance, bonus etc.).
Duties - to develop profitable business within your area and to sell to blue chip and other companies maintenance, facilities services offered by the client
- To negotiate and successfully close contracts as necessary; to meet, and surpass, agreed sales targets.
- Drive sales activities to win new business from existing and new customers to add revenue and profit.
- In the above process, to promote and build professional client relationships; develop new sources of profitable business; meet clients and prospects; give presentations; to maintain excellent relationships and after sales support; to build rapport/mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy and plans.
- Raise the company and business profile representing The Client at industry events.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
- To communicate with and report back to the Business Unit Director/Manager, Sales & Marketing Director and Senior Management within the Multi-Site Services Division business on a regular basis.
- To complete estimation, pricing, bids and tenders
- To maintain excellent records and relevant contract documentation in the support of tenders and re-bids for various business Unit(s).
- Generation of tenders and relevant document preparation.
- Dealing with Pre-qualifications.
- Carrying out site surveys.
- Support Operations with re-bids and variations for existing clients.
To have previous experience in the Business Development and services sales within the FM and Building Services/M&E Sector
To have previous experience in securing new contracts and accounts including all bid and tender operations
To have basic estimation, costing and pricing experience
To be familiar with PQQ's etc.
Excellent verbal and good basic standard of written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus, and promote a sense of team spirit within the office.
Confidential approach and discrete. Must be able to influence others, and engender confidence in senior managers through both face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
Self-motivated. Able to prioritise demands and make decisions under pressure. Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
Valid driving license
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.