Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a Facilities Management or Building Services / Projects experienced Business Development Manager to join a large scale FM business in the North West Office to assist in the acquisition of new Projects and Contracts for the department. The role is a permanent position up to circa 60k basic plus car allowance, pension and healthcare package, holiday purchase scheme.
To establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers through effective business development activities and networking.
• Discover, explore and locate business opportunities through contacting and visiting potential customers
• To have an understanding of the outsourcing / services and PFI market and the Facilities Maintenance industry as a whole.
• To achieve and exceed agreed performance targets in line with commission scheme.
• Read, interpret and fully understand a tender enquiry document.
• Fully understand all about the client and their drivers
• Create and or managing the production of the quality tender documents that are exciting and easy to read, that identifies the key needs of the customer, how they will be achieved
• To lead and attend presentations or interviews To maximise potential for further works whether through extension of our existing services or extra Works.
• Maintain statistics on all activities, ensure accuracy of estimation and costing to produce agreed profit margins on all new contracts (measure- contract profitability).
• Ensure compliance to all policies and procedures. Liaise closely with the Commercial team to ensure appropriate “sign off” of contracts.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Proactively generate new client business and sell to these customers PFI and service / maintenance contracts that generate new profitable income for the business in accordance with the current business plan.
• Achieve set/agreed performance targets.
• Accurately estimate new contracts to ensure a profitable return on all new business with close attention to commercial tendering policies and procedures.
• Working within a given area as the representative, visiting and calling customers to ensure the highest standards of customer service and customer care. Provide information on all customer contacts.
• Maintain a close working relationship with Operations, ensuring cohesion in any new business venture.
• Have and maintain a good knowledge of the industry and local business opportunities through effective business development practices and networking to ensure effective promotion / exposure.
• Take ownership and responsibility of any tender/bid, write and create accurate succinct submissions from conception to completion.
• To manage and produce commercial bids and documentation for approval. Including cost submission and business case assessments.
• Be able to produce reports via the computer system to reflect current/future status.
• Carry out any reasonable tasks required by line management in a manner that is conducive to good business practice.
• To uphold the good name of the company at all times and not to disclose to a third party any information of a confidential nature.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.