Job descriptionBusiness Development Manager
District Heating and Energy Engineering
PRS are excited to be working with one of our most niche and bespoke clients in their recruitment for a Business Development Manager to operate in London. The role of the Business Development Manager is to manage the existing client base, develop the accounts further, and introduce additional clients to the portfolio.
The client is looking for someone to liaise with the engineering team, answer client queries ,develop new opportunities and maximise the accounts in place.
Reporting to the Head of Energy Infrastructure, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will extensively network across London and the South East to find new customers for district / communal heating delivery projects and energy efficiency programmes, developing a repeat client base. The BDM will be responsible for securing new opportunities and converting them into contract. The BDM will support the Deputy Director (Energy) in account managing our existing customers in the region, leveraging the existing client base to drive repeat business, support in finding and writing high value bids and developing proposals.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
· Sales, account management and networking in the social housing sector
· Develop an expanded network of repeat social housing clients in the London / South East region for energy delivery projects
· Develop proposals for new district / communal heating projects including technology appraisals and commercials
· Assist clients in the production of approval documents and internal project briefings and proposals
· Plan, contribute and manage lead generation activities.
· Act as initial point of contact for all client queries in region. Develop and maintain project plans including performance, reporting and ensure projects are delivered according to quality processes
· Manage pipeline of allocated / developed accounts and provide regular updates on changes to the Deputy Director (Energy)
· Support Delivery and Finance teams in the allocation of Project Purchase Orders from clients, invoicing and cash collect
· To ensure quality and environmental management systems and to work according to their requirements.
· To be aware of the environmental aspects and impacts relevant to the work of the job holder as well as ensuring compliance with any environmental legislation that is applicable to the job.
The Successful candidate will ideally have the following qualifications and attributes
· Educated to degree level with proven experience and success in a sales environment
· Confidence, tenacity and drive
· Ability to communicate complex proposals simply to all levels
· High level of literacy and ability to write high quality project proposals
· Bid writing experience and good commercial acumen
· Ability to gain confidence of clients and create strong working relationships Desirable requirements
· Experience of developing energy efficiency projects
· Experience of UK social housing Market
· Understanding of district / communal heating market
If you think that you are suitable for this role and are interested in hearing more please send through your CV and I will respond.