Job descriptionBusiness Development Manager
Salary £65,000 to £75,000 OTE
Work From Home available
PRS are pleased to be recruiting for a Business Development Manager for this role within a national Hard FM Services Provider. In the role of Business Development Manager you will be responsible for driving the sales and maximizing the opportunities within the organisation.
Our client is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, and are looking for a Business Development Manager to find new static M&E maintenance work opportunities in the private sectors and build the bid pipeline for the Sales Team to tender.
The client provides ‘Hard FM’ to large commercial resident sites and property portfolios. Their teams undertake M&E HVAC and electrical planned and reactive maintenance, managed through a CAFM system, in accordance with SLAs and KPIs. They also offer major and minor works project support to their maintenance clients including design and build services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for finding brand new term M&E maintenance contract opportunities in accordance with strategy to meet set personal targets in line with divisional goals and expectations.
The key responsibilities of a Business Development Manager include
- To manage own opportunity development workload and to collaborate closely with the Bid team, Ops leads, estimator and subject-matter-expert colleagues.
- To research market sectors and find on-target opportunities to tender (negotiated or competitive).
- Undertake cold and warm calling, developing relationships to prequalification and tender stages.
- Be expert and tenacious in prospective client relationship-development.
- Build the Salesforce CRM pipeline and keep it updated.
The key skills and qualities of a Business Development Manager:
- M&E building services maintenance front-line Business Development experience with a verifiable track record of finding opportunities to bid and converting them to wins.
- Industry technical, commercial and BD knowledge including M&E maintenance solutions.
- Great communicator, collaborative, personable, skilful articulator face-to-face and in writing.
- Strong drive and determination to win combined with integrity and gravitas.
- Technical and/or commercial degree-level qualifications or equivalent experience in a related discipline desired.