Job descriptionMy client is a leading building maintenance provider in the housing sector and is now seeking an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) based from their Sheffield office to cover the North East, Yorkshire and East Coast areas. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two / three years proven sales/business development experience from a Social Housing sector background.
The role is a permanent position paying 50-60k basic plus 20% bonus (15% personal and 5% company).
The focus is Business Development of existing housing accounts and the acquisition of new frameworks 3 million plus. The position is a stragetic BDM role with a view for future pipeline development.
1. To negotiate and successfully close framework contracts as necessary; to meet, and surpass, agreed sales targets in the social housing sectors
2. Drive sales activities to win new business from existing frameworks and new customers to add to future pipeline
3. In the above process, to promote and build professional client relationships; develop new sources of profitable business; meet clients and prospects; give presentations; to maintain excellent relationships and after sales support; to build rapport/mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy and plans.
4. Raise the company and business profile representing The Client at industry events.
5. Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
6. To communicate with and report back to the Business Unit Director/Manager, Sales & Marketing Director and Senior Management within the Multi-Site Services Division business on a regular basis.
7. To maintain excellent records and relevant contract documentation in the support of tenders and re-bids for various business Unit(s).
8. Generation of tenders and relevant document preparation.
9. Dealing with Pre-qualifications.
10. Carrying out site surveys.
11. Support Operations with re-bids and variations for existing clients.
- Previous sales experience in the housing / social housing sectors
- Experience of stategic BDM focus and long term pipeline generation
- Experience of Social housing framework agreements
- Desirable - Higher educational qualifications to A level/HNC/D or degree would be beneficial.
- Training - Essential - Formal training in the use of word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages. Utilisation of MS Office or the equivalent to support a team.
- Aptitudes - Excellent verbal and good basic standard of written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
- Character - Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus, and promote a sense of team spirit within the office.
- Confidential approach and discrete. Must be able to influence others, and engender confidence in senior managers through both face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
- Self-motivated. Able to prioritise demands and make decisions under pressure. Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.