Job descriptionBusiness Development Manager
West of England
£50,000 - £60,000 + commission
Social Housing Maintenance
PRS are pleased to be partnering with this established contractor operating in the social housing sector in their search for a Business Development Manager. The role of Business Development Manager is to win new and repeat business, and develop additional revenue streams from existing client base.
Covering the East of England, you will be working from home the majority of time and attending site meetings, tenders and pitches as required. The successful candidate will have a track-record in delivering business within the Social Housing Maintenance sector, including planned and reactive property maintenance contracts.
Duties of the role include:
- Continually identifies, builds and develops pipeline with new client business by pursuing business opportunities with strategic targets and cultivating relationships with existing clients.
- Develops a business development plan that meets the objectives set in the business strategy. Owning and managing the opportunity pipeline for the chosen sector, maintaining the company wide CRM system to ensure pipelines are accurate and managed.
- Continually validates opportunity, ensuring leads are converted into opportunity.
- Responsible for increasing the bid conversion rate, ensuring validated opportunity is of a high win potential opportunity.
- Identifies key routes to market including frameworks and builds and nurtures relationships with consultants, procurers and clients.
- Identifies and attends key events and exhibitions to drive brand awareness
- Manage the client journey and collaborate with digital marketing to communicate to target client personas.
- Reports regularly on market intelligence and developments within target market sectors to enable quick business decisions.
- Delivers compelling calls and presentations to introduce capabilities and value proposition.
- Negotiates and communicates complex concepts/business issues to a variety of audiences.
- Identifies sales opportunities because of market changes, i.e. competitor performance.
- Implementing sales incentives to drive sales performance
- Defines, tests, refines and implements strategic plans to successfully secure sufficient bid opportunities to support revenue targets. These activities include primary research, industry, market and competitive analysis, and client needs assessment.
- Provides expertise and direction for the day to day management of bid packages in the development pipeline. Provides client specific opportunity assessment, market evaluation, market research, financial evaluation, and other marketing needs required throughout the proposal preparation and delivery process.
- Incorporates customer needs and input/feedback from both internal and external groups in shaping the proposition.
- Partners in conjunction with the marketing team to create effective marketing strategies to win in the marketplace, including market segmentation, value proposition development, technology positioning, pricing strategy, branding strategy, channel strategy and communications strategy development.