Job descriptionWe are looking to recruit a Business & Change Improvement Manager to join a large scale Building Services and Engineering company on a fixed term contract leading business improvement initiatives across the Northern division.
The role is on a fixed term basis circa 12 months (possibility of continuous extension).
35 hours per week
Based from the North West area (M62 belt) ideally Manchester or Liverpool
Office and home working
Some travel to sites - package to compensate
The Business Change & Improvement Manager is responsible for delivering Workforce productivity programmes and business improvement programmes that will implement and deliver agreed change programmes into the business. The role will focus on releasing value through the delivery of defined change programmes by deploying current business capability (products, services, resources etc…).
- The role will also aim to identify and define new capability requirements to release further value / benefits
- The role will act as change consultants to the wider business, to analyse, define, document and execute the change initiatives, understanding the impact and benefits to all affected company service streams and stakeholders.
- Support and lead Structured Improvement Activities following ‘Lean Six Sigma’ methodology and tools to deliver efficiencies and process improvements
- Support the workforce efficiency Management Operating Systems supported by the Director of Business Change and Improvement and Senior Business Change and Improvement Manager
- Provide support in executing processes and initiatives, coaching and guiding on any areas of business improvement
- Work closely with the account teams and stakeholders to define and implement business change, ensuring everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in these activities
- Responsible for supporting the effective delivery of process training to support key change initiatives
- Facilitation of best practice and continuous improvement sharing
- Supports and selects tools to support change and improvement activities such as Lean Toolbox
- Benefit Management
- To manage the change activities, ensuring they are planned, scheduled and resourced
- Analytical skills and demonstrated academic achievement
- Must have excellent process and business improvement background
- Excellent IT, verbal and written communication skills, with a proven experience of managing client and/or customer relationships
- Experience in preparing and presenting recommendations
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Be data-driven in decision making, leading and navigating team members through ambiguity by making evidence and/or values-based decisions to prioritise strategically.
- Communicate with transparency, involving your direct and matrix team members
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning
- Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business
- Knowledgeable and experienced in efficient Change Management methods
- Evoke creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition
- An inclusive and collaborative approach to all tasks
- Conscientious with a strong sense of self-motivation
What to Do:-
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.