Job descriptionJob Title: CAD Designer
Location: Oxford, OX3 7LE
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Do you live in Oxford? Are you a competent CAD Operator or a recent graduate in the similar field?
PRS are delighted to support our nationally recognised client in their search for a CAD Designer to be based onsite in Oxford. This role would suit someone who is keen to learn and interested in progression within the company.
There is also the opportunity to manage contractors carrying out minor works in the hospital which could lead to a career in Facilities Management.
You will also need a current DBS or have no criminal history in order to apply for one.
The basic responsibilities will include:
- Updating a set of drawing created by the previous contractor
- Ensure that the CAD dataset, master drawings and O&M suite of documents are audit ready at all times
- Reviewing incoming drawings and specifications to ensure that they meet the design intent along with developing, implementing and enforcing drawing/design standards
- Responsible for identifying and resolving discrepancies between 'As built structures' and drawings and/or design intent i.e. reviewing/ analysing existing drawings
- Making a comparative review of asset data vs drawings and establishing an action plan to update the CAFM databases where required
- Producing and presenting relevant project proposals along with ensuring the relevant data sheets and drawings have been updated to reflect the building alterations.
- Liaising with external consultants/contractors, Estates teams and the in-house projects offices
- Liaising with the project teams to ensure that all contract variations are captured and updated on the required formats across the contract