Job descriptionTitle: Ward Housekeeper / Catering Assistant
Address: PO6 3LY, Portsmouth
Duration: ASAP- Ongoing
Hours: 06:30- 13:30 OR 13:30- 19:30 Mon- Fri
Please note a DBS is essential for this role.
Provide a high standard of food delivery service to patients, staff and visitors within Clinical and Non-Clinical Departments and Theatres. To assist the organisation in providing both Patients, Staff and Visitors with a high-quality person centred and safe catering service, by contributing to the operation and cleanliness of associated equipment whilst supporting the production, portioning, distribution and service of the meals and snacks to ward patients.
- Ensuring the safe disposal/ packaging of waste
- Clean and prepare ward food trolleys for meal service
- Deliver food service trolleys to ward
- Assisting nursing staff during managed meal times with portioning and plating food
- Prepare and deliver ward stores and supplies to wards and departments
- Provision where applicable of a range of catering related duties e.g. making toast, setting up and distributing patient beverages
- Reporting details of faults and failures of electrical equipment/ fabric of the building to Team Leader/ Ward Manager
- Responsible for the completion of records/ log sheets and personal signing in/out sheets
- Complete all working schedules and any other relevant paperwork accurately within given timelines.
- Responsible for safe/secure/hygienic storage of various stocks at ward / department level e.g. cleaning chemicals, consumables, dry /refrigerated food stuffs and equipment.
- The post holder will follow all guidance and procedures relating to Healthcare Associated Infection to ensure their safety and that of others, to prevent the spread of infection.
- It is possible that on occasion the postholder may be asked to work in other areas of the facilities service. This is not expected to be on a frequent or regular basis and would only take place after appropriate training and support was given
- Attend Corporate Induction, Manual Handling, Fire Awareness and Essential Skills.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
- Have the ability to follow instructions.
- Possess good communication skills, including non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to respond constructively to unpredictable situations.
- Be calm, focused and able to cope with work under pressure.