Job descriptionWe are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Chef De Partie to join one of our exciting contract at Brasserie Zedel.
As Chef De Partie, you will work in close collaboration with the Sous Chef sharing responsibility for leading junior chefs.
- French cuisine
- American style restaurant (building used to be an hotel)
- 4 different eateries inside the building (Café, Cocktail Bar, Theatre and Main Restaurant)
- Michelin Bib Gourmand
- Large Kitchen with a full size team of 15 Chefs and KPs
- Lively restaurant and the kitchen has a rule that there is no foul language, everyone must be treated with respect!
- Grill Section
- 5 days out of 7
- Ongoing temporary placement (minimum 6 – 12 months, with permanent opportunities)
- £15 per hour
- Holiday pay
- Weekly payment
More about the role:
- Monitor standards of hygiene and appearance of your team to ensure company standards are maintained.
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity.
- Prepare food in the correct manner as shown by the Head Chef, in compliance with company food specifications and photographs.
- Work with the entire team including managers and supervisors to provide quality, well-presented food with speed and efficiency.
- Where appropriate make recommendations to improve products and service
- Follow instructions to maximise product yield and minimise waste.
- To make sure that you meet all legal and company requirements for fire, health, safety and hygiene
Who you are:
- Worked in a similar environment before including contract catering experience
- Quality driven
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a high pressure environment