Job descriptionTitle: Cleaning Manager
Hours: 40hrs per week
Suitable candidates must have a full clean UK driving licence.
- To ensure effective and efficient service provision to all managed sites, including offices, schools and leisure facilities etc.
- To assist the Facilities Buildings Manager in the provision of clean, safe and hygienic environment for stakeholders and staff across Reading.
- To direct, support and motivate the Cleaning Services teams, ensuring performance expectations are met and a culture of continuous improvement is instilled.
- To review service specifications and negotiate/re-negotiate Service Level Agreements.
- To ensure the highest level of cleaning standards and client and staff satisfaction is maintained.
- Designation of Post and Position within Departmental Structure
- Responsible for Cleaning Operative Supervisors (x4) and Cleaning Services Support Officer (x1).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform regular quality audits and review meetings with stakeholders and client groups to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and continuous customer satisfaction are maintained at all sites.
- To maintain regular contact with Cleaning Services teams to ensure awareness of service and/or site specifications.
- To liaise with stakeholders and client groups to enable negotiation and agreement of service standards for a quality service and monitor its effectiveness.
- To manage the service within pre-set financial parameters and proactively assess options for cost reduction and value for money.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the service plan for Cleaning Services.
- To be responsible for recruitment, training, development and performance of staff within Cleaning Services to ensure service is high quality, efficient and cost effective.
- To produce monthly reports and spreadsheets which clearly demonstrate when standards are being met and any issues that have arisen are being proactively and effectively resolved.
- To lead on the production of quotations for new cleaning contracts, additional cleaning of sites and requests for changes to current resourcing.
- Keep abreast of developments in cleaning equipment and materials that could improve the service provided.
- To ensure Health and Safety standards are maintained at all times.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of business continuity plans for Cleaning Services.
- Notification of accidents and other Health & Safety requirements in line with the company procedures and statutory legislation, i.e. COSHH, hygiene regulations and fire precautions.
- To ensure all cleaning staff are aware of and adhere to departmental objectives, standards, policies and procedures including timekeeping and absence reporting and manage non-compliance issues through the appropriate disciplinary policies.
- To hold regular team meetings with all staff.
- To attend regular meetings with the Facilities Buildings Manager.