Job descriptionCleaning Area Service Manager (Mobile Cleaning) - North London ( PERMANENT JOB )
INTERVIEW: THURSDAY 5th March 2020
Salary: £28000 p/a
This is a MOBILE position in which you get a company car/allowance.
An opportunity has arisen for a Area Service Manager (Cleaning) to join our expanding contract based in North London & M11 corridor.
The hours of work are: Monday to Friday Hours across 07:00-19:00 - 40 hrs per week - One hour unpaid lunch per day.
Management responsibility for the delivery of industrial and general cleaning services and associated tasks, as well as being an integral member of the senior FM team covering for key positions as required from time to time.
- Manage resources to ensure compliance with HR Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to recruitment, staff performance, management of staff absence, staff training and development and appraisals.
- Ensure staff training requirements are identified and appropriate courses and/or in-house training is proposed/scheduled.
- Co-ordinate all 3rd party suppliers, relating to services within this remit – in accordance with EFS Accounts processes and procedures.
- Ensure all additional works is planned, and recorded – billing has been agreed with stakeholders and relevant documentation completed in accordance with EFS processes and procedures.
- Ensure data is collated and monthly KPI/SLA reports produced for presentation to the client and the Soft Services Manager. Carry out and facilitate regular client meetings to review and report on cleaning and associated services, and be responsible for producing minutes and notes for audit purposes.
- Integrate within client activities, where requested attend client briefs and provide direct report to key stakeholders.
- Participate in audit programmes and inspections, taking ownerships for actions and follow ups.
- Plan, prepare and complete works within client CMMS/planned maintenance schedule.
- Develop and implement bespoke cleaning schedules but present and display in format already agreed with Client.
- Undertake planned and ad hoc cleaning audit checks across the factory portfolio.
- Develop cleaning innovation ideas in conjunction with the on site Soft Services manager to enhance the working environment and drive down associated cleaning costs. (Labour and materials).
- Manage the cleaning consumable consumption and deliveries across the site and drive down associated costs.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the procedures and systems necessary for providing a comprehensive service delivery for Cleaning and associated Services on our sites.
- Ensure Cleaning and associated Services are delivered in accordance with our clients Specification and within the agreed budget.
- Manage and monitor appointed subcontractors for delivery of Cleaning and associated Services, including the development of service specifications, SLAs and KPIS.
- Participate in regular contract review meetings with service providers and ensure reviews are documented and that any service delivery issues are resolved.
- Carry out and facilitate regular staff meetings with all direct reports to ensure open and two-way feedback on service delivery, budgets, resources, health and safety, etc.
- Participate and promote all projects within GMP remit for example 5’s, CW3, change the way we work.
- Responsible for ensuring the servicing and maintenance of all cleaning machinery and equipment is recorded and managed.
- Ensure all cleaning staff wear appropriate uniforms at all times and look smart for the job.
- Instigate and control site walk rounds identifying cleaning enhancements and general site management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous management experience in industrial and general cleaning and proven capabilities in managing teams.
- Computer literate.
- IOSH Managing Safety.
- Proven previous experience in conducting risk and COSHH assessments.
- Valid full driving licence.
- Monthly management reporting.
- Risk Assessors course.
- COSHH assessors course.
- Train the Trainer.
- Use of cleaning equipment .