Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an experienced Commercial Manager to work within corporate offices in the Manchester area. This is a national role, including all new business activity and existing customer agreements, managing both procurement, surveying and estimating teams.
To manage and minimise all aspects of risk across the portfolio and provide advice and support in contractual, business and legal matters to avert commercial risk. A role model in risk mitigation, will lead the organisation in risk reduction activities. The role is a permanent job paying between 60-65k PA plus package.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive business and commercial advice and support for service development opportunities, major projects and key organisational initiatives that ensure that sound commercial decisions are taken and financial risks are understood.
- Lead the supply chain and estimating function to ensure that the function delivers commercial value and meets the need of the operational management groups.
- Provide advice and deploy plan to ensure employees have a sound understanding of commercial procedure, processes and strategies for the service and project activities undertaken within the Division.
- Plan and deploy risk mitigation strategies throughout the business including integration with business unit managers and other commercial units.
- Plan, implement, and overseeing the risk management procedure through a process of analysis and commercial/operational contract reviews on a regular basis in conjunction with the finance team and operational managers.
- Ensuring that the reviewing of contracts and attendant documentation and liaison with clients and their lawyers is carried out to ensure that all risks are identified and avoided. This includes where necessary the review of tender documents and identifying the need for
- bonds, warranties, and guarantees in accordance with Company policy.
- Advise on legal requirements flowing out of all contractual documentation both internal and external including the drafting of contract conditions where required and liaise with both the bid process and operational/procurement requirements.
- Review and continuously improve risk assessment procedures, processes and strategies in
- terms of risk potential and consequential severity.
- Review/develop and continuously improve commercial risk management procedures, processes and strategies with respect to people, assets, contracts, environment
- Develop and track monthly benchmarking data & KPI's for high level risk
- Provide monthly business risk analysis of all contracts.
- Establish business relationships with legal (external), finance and procurement functions
- Liaising with clients to advise on commercial improvements to the benefit of the contract operation
- RICS qualified/ Law degree or similar qualifications.
- High level of experience in DRP and Contentious (avoidance) work.
- Highly experienced in budgeting, forecasting and planning.
- A high level of understanding about the key financial drives of a Services and projects
- Experience in preparing and negotiating the legal and commercial aspects of sizeable services and project contracts
- A thorough understanding of the principles of risk management
- Strong analysis and report writing skills demonstrating attention to detail
- Proven experience in negotiating complex deals with third party suppliers and managing a procurement team.
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of long term business plans and commercial strategy for services contracts and projects.
- Proven ability to see possible risks and issues in customers business by using the right analysis tools and can successfully engage others in its solutions
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.