Job descriptionOur client is a leading technology lead facilities management contractor with an enviable clientele, proven track record in delivering market-leading service standards and a longstanding and dedicated senior management team. As part of their growth plans, they are hoping to develop their business model not just in the UK but into mainland Europe and as such, they have identified a need to bolster their commercial & procurement department by recruiting an individual to develop these two sectors.
You would be responsible for developing a strategic approach to corporate procurement processes covering direct and indirect goods and services. In this leadership role, you will direct the procurement processes, change and update procurement-related activities when required, all the while adding value and efficiency to the organisation. Your team will have tactical responsibility for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems that support the company’s acquisition and management of goods and services. Other duties would be to:
· Develop and communicate a procurement business plan
· Establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
· Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals.
· Serve as the primary contact for procurement-related questions, training, policy and procedure.
· Oversee contract development and administration.
· Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team.
· Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organisational value and efficiency;
· Meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
· Develop a centralized procurement program that adds value and efficiency to the organization;
· Process purchase orders; develops bids and proposals; and reconcile any invoice discrepancies.
On the commercial side of the business, you would:
· Work closely with the company’s business development department on the commercial aspects of tender opportunities & bids to understand the commercial ramifications should they be successful
· Be responsible for all of the company’s insurance policies
· Overseeing the commercial arrangements for new contract awards
· Responsible for planning, developing and implementing commercial strategies based on company goals and objectives with the main goal to support and accelerate growth.
· Conducting market research and analysis to develop business plans for commercial opportunities at all times analysing both threats and opportunities
- Always strive to accelerate and encourage the company's growth and success
- Implement new customer acquisition strategies
- Establish and manage the long-term relationship with stakeholders
- Understand the requirements of existing customers
- Track, measure and analyse commercial metrics using KPIs
- Manage and track expenditures, financial goals and budgets
· Solid analytical and computer skills
· Strong communication skills
· Outstanding team building and leadership skills
· Ideally degree qualified in Business, Logistics or related field
· 7-10 years of related experience
· Results-oriented, a metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
· Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program