Job descriptionCommissioning Manager
London – Zone 1
£70,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
Our client is an award-winning engineering consultancy who are recruiting now for a Commissioning Manager to join the Operational Engineering team in London. The client provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings providing a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services.
We are looking for someone who is degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification. Previous consultancy or contracting experience in commissioning and validation and at least some of the following: Project Management or Installation, M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting.
Working under own initiative to develop and win new commissioning management business.
Taking briefs and working under own initiative and with other members of the team to deliver the required projects and outputs from inception to completion.
Reviewing contractor proposals, undertaking site inspections and witnessing and producing technical reports that represent the client as a technically competent and reliable MEP and commissioning management service provider.
Providing suitable commissioning services input at all stages of the project process. Working in a coordinated way with other professionals, developing effective relationships to stimulate future business growth. Maintaining good client relationships and winning repeat business through high standards of technical output, good levels of professionalism and high levels of client satisfaction.
- Development of new business and clients for commissioning and validation management services.
- Preparation of fee proposals and tender bids
- Taking briefs from the team Partner/Associate Director and agreeing briefs with clients
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by the client and other members of the professional team.
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by contactors and providing a written report on their compliance with the design and specification.
- Reviewing and commenting on commissioning plans and method statements
- Issuing summary commissioning reports on progress and key issues
- Witnessing of selected testing and commissioning results and providing a written report on their compliance with the design and specification.
- Peer review of mechanical designs
- Review of development and fit-out proposals and advising client on the implications in relation to the MEP services
- Surveying MEP services installations and providing a written report as to their condition
- Producing technical reports, ensuring quality and technical quality standards are met
- Provision of commissioning related consultancy services to clients
- Ensuring that all work under their control is undertaken to relevant and applicable UK and EU regulations, design guides etc.
- Liaising and developing good relationships with Clients, Project Managers and Contractors
- Attending and contributing to commissioning, design team and client meetings
- Effectively delivering the required output to meet timescales agreed with the Team Partner/Associate Director.
- Good technical knowledge of building engineering services and commissioning in primary discipline.
- Good understanding of secondary discipline and interdisciplinary design process
- Ability and commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Good commercial understanding and experience in preparing fee proposals and tender bids