Job descriptionContracts Manager
£55,000 to £60,000 + Package + Bonus
PRS are very pleased to have been appointed to recruit for this vacancy for a Contracts Manager for a prestigious Hard FM Services Provider. The role of Contract Manager is a strategic level appointment, focusing on client management, client solutions, account delivery and full P&L responsibility.
The Contracts Manager will will be accountable for the leadership and management of Building Engineering Services and operations within a portfolio of contracts. Through the effective management of a team of engineers and sub-contractors, the Contracts Manager will hold accountability for the successful delivery of the Operational P&L for contracts within their span of control, ensuring customer satisfaction and contract performance measures are exceeded, and ensuring that customer relationships are developed and maintained.
The role holder will ensure the profitable contract performance through P&L analysis, the development of effective customer relationships, and the efficient and compliant delivery of both planned and reactive maintenance via both internal and external resources.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the successful and profitable contract delivery of c£2-4m of income
- Leads, motivates, supports and develops a team of Engineers, ensuring that all people management processes are adhered to and a culture of performance management and continuous improvement is prevalent
- Acts as a proactive and positive member of the Maintenance Management team, taking the lead on product-wide improvement programmes and projects, and ensuring that contract programmes of work are rolled out in a consistent manner.
- Undertakes a key customer interface role, particularly on key sites within specified geographical area, approachable and that the contract requirements and measures are clearly understood by the entire delivery team.
- Support in the collation and preparation of tender returns in line with company policy including but not limited to the costing and verification of assets against FSG20. Support in tender submissions and presentations as required.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety legislation associated with the contracts within your span of control and company policy
- Analyses KPI and SLA performance and deliver to target; identifies areas for improvement and drives improvement initiatives through management and delivery teams.
- Accountable for the implementation of the efficiency strategy, driving and exceeding the self-delivery productivity and cost reduction targets.
- Support the performance management of key suppliers within your contract span of control, ensuring that they deliver to the companies required standards
- Creation and distribution of key management information reports both to the customer and internally
- Will be required to step up for and cover for Head of Maintenance on occasions
- Manage Operational issues, escalations and resolutions with and between all stakeholders, will be required to be part of the management on call escalation
- C4-20 direct reports
- Accountable for £2-4m Contracts ensuring retention and growth targets are met
- Accountable for the delivery of agreed budgeted margins
- Accountable for the management of WIP & Debt to agreed targets
- Accountability for safe and compliant performance of all sites across defined geographical area or portfolio
- Accountable for the agreed SLAs across contracts and supply chain within their span of control
- Support to the Maintenance teams to ensure people development and talent growth to build a strong and professional team to enable succession planning
- Demonstrable experience of P&L management, with a proven history of effective cost management and margin achievement
- Responsible for leading, supporting, managing and developing a team of Engineering to improve performance
- Responsible for undertaking performance management process and employee relations issues, including attendance management, disciplinary, performance management etc.