Job descriptionContract Manager
Data Centre (M&E Engineering)
£65,000 to £70,000
PRS are pleased to be working with one of our best clients in their search for a key strategic hire within their Data Centre division, for a Contract Manager. The Contract Manager will be responsible for the running of a Data Centre and the maintenance operations, and report into an AGM managing the localized cluster of sites.
They are looking for a high-performing candidate with extensive data center engineering knowledge to run the contract and ensure exceptional levels of maintenance and service on site. Ideally you will have come from a data centre background as an engineer and developed into a Contract Manager and possess an in-depth knowledge of the operation and maintenance required.
Providing leadership, management, and development of the contract, ensuring financial, and operational commitments are met and exceeded. The role will require close liaison with the client, the Helpdesk Manager and internal senior managers. The operation should be Proactive and driven to achieve total customer satisfaction, whilst ensuring operational and fiscal plans are at least achieved.
- Responsible for the H&S of the sites and engineers.
- Work closely with the Contract Support to ensure that the service levels are maintained to a consistently high level.
- Provide leadership, and ensuring the planned development of the contract, to ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Support the Helpdesk in achieving high levels of customer satisfaction • Ensure client satisfaction levels are at a constantly high level, leading to development of the contract to increase the portfolio/contract responsibilities.
- Meet with clients to establish steady lines of communication and attend monthly client meetings where required.
- Ensure the contract meets healthy and safety working conditions.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract.
- Provide Weekly Flash reports for each contract to the appropriate client and internal manager/s, where appropriate
- Working with Senior Management to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues.
- Responsible for Statutory & Code compliance of sites.
- Oversee PPM planning schedules for sites.
- Ensure PPM is carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and HVCA SFG20.
- Responsible for the return of PPM and work-related documentation.
- Risk Management.
- Man Management/Team Development.
- Ensure the contract is staffed by fully competent teams, taking direct responsibility for the appointment of Engineers, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Financial Management –Full ownership of P&L, Debt and WIP
- Disciplinary and Conflict management.
- Ensure all sites have accurate asset registers and are labelled accordingly. • Responsible for the fast and effective procurement of materials and services.
- Produce dilapidation reports.
- Provide Operational reports monthly and as requested.
- Ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender
- Proactively source additional works and raise quotations.
- Provide technical support where required to engineers, helpdesk and clients.
- Education A good general education is essential, ideally to degree standard but possibly to HND level.
- Training Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
- Up to date technical knowledge of ACOP’s, fire and environmental control measures, building control requirements, and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Experience [Essential] Managerial experience at Contract Manager or Senior Supervisor level within the hard services business is essential