Job descriptionPRS Southampton are representing a long standing client to recruit a Contract Supervisor from the FM Technical Services industry on a large well thought of site in the Berkshire area.
The position will suit a strong engineer who would like to take the next step in their development and step up in to a Supervisor role.
The role of the M&E Maintenance Supervisor will be to supervise a team of hard services technical and semi-skilled employees and sub-contractors to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of planned maintenance, reactive tasks, additional works and minor projects to meet the business, safety, environmental and operational objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties of the Supervisor are as follows:
- Ensure engineers are working productively completing reactive jobs on site. Providing Technical Support where needed. Organise and plan engineers on site to ensure they are working proactively.
- Driving the productivity of the engineers on site to ensure they are reducing their open jobs to an acceptable standard.
- Having a knowledge of the open job on site and completing high profile jobs within an acceptable time period.
- Completing regular meetings with the engineers, to include toolbox talks, risk assessments and general communication.
- Call in subcontractors where needed to complete reactive jobs.
- Review and approve all rams for reactive works, ensuring working safely.
- Audit direct labour and subcontractor works to ensure quality of work and safety of working practise.
- Raising and follow through of permits for high risk activities including hot works, excavation etc.
- Assisting the Contract manager in completed extra works projects
- Manage & Audit site records, Log Books and E-log books
- Take ownership of safe systems of work and ensure all visitors are inducted and correct permits etc issued