Job descriptionContract Support
Purpose of Job
My client is a progressive company operating within the Engineering industry dealing with Electrical Mechanical related works for commercial properties.
This Contract Support role will require close liaison with Contract Managers, Engineers and external contacts in order to process all paperwork ensuring that the clients and sites receive a professional and accurate service. You will be reporting to the onsite Contract Manager
- Dealing with day to day enquiries from team and Clients
- Producing Financial and statistical reports for contract portfolio
- Working closely with the site teams by ensuring the following responsibilities are carried out in a timely fashion
- Raising Work Orders for new contracts / jobs / quotes
- Raising Purchase Orders and placing orders for engineers, sub-contractors
- Completing all paperwork for monthly billing
- Raising and closing month PPMs for team
- Supervision off all WIP for the Contract portfolio ensuring that invoices are produced in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all client files are maintained accurately and kept up to date
- Processing timesheets / job sheets / expenses weekly
- Logging holiday, sickness for team engineers
- Day to day admin including photocopying, filing etc
- Annual archiving of client files
- Positively respond to both our internal and external customers through effective communication and personal accessibility, while optimising contract performance.
- Ensuring that all documentation is received from Sub-contractors with regards to Health & Safety and Company Legislation.
- Maintaining of the site sub-contractor records and Logbook System.
- Processing of labour timesheets and engineers’ holiday and sickness records
- Produce statistical reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Processing and passing for payment all supplier and sub-contractor invoices and dealing with any queries.
- Ownership of all tasks through to completion.
- Reporting to the onsite Contract Manager.
- Working closely with the contract manager.
- This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility.
(Essential) - Good basic education which will include English & Maths qualifications to GCSE standard essential.
(Desirable) - Higher educational qualifications to ‘A’ level / HNC/D or degree level would be beneficial.
Skills / Knowledge
Good keyboard skills including word & excel
- Good communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time keeping
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Maximo System
- Knowledge of engineering terminology & processes
(Essential) - Previous experience working within a busy office environment
(Desirable) - Experience of a busy Customer Service (Service Desk / Helpdesk) environment
Aptitudes: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach
Character: Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus. Reliable and self-motivated, able to prioritise demands and work under pressure