Job descriptionTitle: Control Room Operator
Hours: 12hrs, as it stands will either be 6-6 or 7-7 and the occasional standby on a rota basis
To act as first response to BMS alarm notifications across 2 current campuses with a 3rd planned for 2019 locations by liaising with and providing information to the Clients Service desk Team.
- Approachable, polite, calm, able to work independently as well as part of a team, able to provide information clearly and concisely, inquisitive, eager, accurate, assertive, punctual.
- PC skills essential. No specific programme knowledge required but must have the ability to work with multiple screens and keyboards to decipher important information.
- An interest in Data Centre environment desirable.
- Full Driving license with own vehicle preferable due to shift pattern.
- Be able to be cleared to the level of SC
- Monitor and respond to BMS & EMS alarms for specific sites.
- Provide 24/7, 365 days a year support to the facilities team as part of a four person shift team + Standby role
- Be able to make calculated judgements on sequence of alarms from the monitored sites.
- Escalate any incoming alarms (i.e. contacting Security, M&E, FISC, FSM, and Infrastructure Managers)
- Produce clear and concise updates on actions seen and taken from BMS alarms.
- Communicate effectively to our clients employees and vendors.
- Update the clients ticketing and mobilization systems.
- Ping network devices and report any issues from the BMS system where lost communication has occurred.
- Be able to remotely reset units and adjust temperatures for sites if requested.
- Be able to analyse POI data for our client
- To produce weekly Battery Monitoring reports and to oversee and produce "real time" UPS discharge reports during the EMEA UPS maintenance servicing
- Assist with providing monthly management report information for our client