Job descriptionRole: Switchboard Operator/ Receptionist
Hours: 8am- 5pm Monday-
Location: Horsham, RH12 4QP
We are recruiting for a Switchboard Operator / Receptionist to join the team located at Broadlands Business Campus in Horsham. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing first class service mostly over the phone and offering support to the Front of House Reception team, client, staff on site
The Switchboard Operator / Receptionist is to answer incoming phone calls and direct them to the correct individual or department, answer customer questions and direct visiting customers to various locations within the property whilst providing backup to the Front of House Reception team.
Duties to include:
- Undertake switchboard duties by receiving and filtering all calls for the business and passing to the relevant persons.
- Acting as the facilities helpdesk for the site by logging and recording all jobs.
- Provide a professional and warm welcome to our client’s receptions, meeting rooms and event space as a back-up for the Front of House team.
- Ensure that reception areas are always presented and maintained to a high standard and ownership of the entire space is taken by the Front of House team.
- Deliver a high standard of service that exceeds client, visitor and employee expectations.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with colleagues to ensure a seamless standard of service delivery.
- Build a strong working relationship and reputation with the Executive Secretaries, delivering high levels of service and support whenever necessary.
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service is key.
- Candidates shall have worked in a financial sector or blue-chip reception / meeting room environment previously. They will possess excellent communication skills and be able to provide a high standard of customer service - face-to-face, over the phone and via e-mail.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate their understanding of our client’s business, service expectations and provide examples of when and where they have delivered exceptional customer service in their career.
- Ideally previous experience in customer service in a corporate environment.
- Previous switchboard / helpdesk experience is preferable but not essential.
- A smart presentable appearance.
- Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations.
- Integrity, honesty and punctuality is also expected.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Reliable and conscientious.