Job descriptionCritical Services Manager/ Authorising Engineer
Berkshire £70,000 + Bonus + Car + Private Healthcare
We have a fantastic opportunity for a professional Electrical Manager with experience of data centre or banking environments to provide leadership of the provision of Technical Services of Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC equipment within 2 Data Centres in the Berkshire area. Reporting to the Key Account Manager of the newly acquired data Centres by a leading data hosting company.
The Critical Services Manager will also be the Authorising Engineer for both sites and the go to technical authority for both internal and external persons. Therefore there is the requirement for recognised electrical qualifications and a solid knowledge of critical building services/utilities and 5-10 years’ experience of managing a multi-disciplinary critical service to a complex facility incorporating maintenance and engineering.
· Maintain and manage PPM lifecycle.
· Support and advice Engineering Manager in the control of PPM activities.
· Support and advice Engineering Manager in the management of remedial and project works
· Validate Quotes
· Review Method Statements
· Provide support to FM through the duration of works
· Manage and implement the Safe System of Works (Electrical and Mechanical)
· Authorising Engineer for Electrical & Mechanical Works
· Training and assessment of Authorised Persons, Competent Persons and Site Responsible Persons
· Support FMs in management of SSoW and RAMS.
· Lead and motivate the engineering team to improve performance on customer service
· Maximise the utilisation of the Technical Services team through training and coaching in order to minimise plant downtime and reliance on sub-contractors.
· Develop, manage and co-ordinate a process to continually review Service Suppliers.
A great opportunity to join an expanding contract in a very progressive sector where there is an exceptional benefits package for the successful candidate.