Job descriptionBuilding Services Mechanical Engineer
45K + Overtime + Discounts + Awards + Life Insurance + Childcare Vouchers + Share Save Scheme
Shift Pattern - 0600-1400 and 1400-2200. (Flexible on start times and finish times)
- Mechanical systems, including Air Handling, Chilled Water, LPHTW and Air Conditioning Systems, Fire Sprinkler, UPS and emergency generator systems.
- Reacting to the requests of facilities dept, Security. Facilities and IS helpdesk functions. Assisting the property team in repairing defective equipment in a timely manner. Emergency response for essential pieces of equipment.
- Ensuring that all machinery and equipment is regularly maintained to the highest standards Monitoring Building Services Management Systems.
- Management and liaison with subcontract staff.
- Paying an active role in defect identification and rectification.
- Plumbing Mechanical installation
- Correct completion of time sheets.
- Completion of tasks sheets.
- Stock Control
- Consumers ordering
Knowledge & Key Skills
- Mechanical qualifications
- General building maintenance qualification
- Demonstrable experience in a similar Building Service Role.
- Working knowledge of planned preventative maintenance regimes
- To be able to fault find problems associated with Heating, Hot water, Plumbing and HVAC plant and equipment.
- Working knowledge of fire sprinkler UPS, and emergency generation systems
- Demonstrate a willingness to undertake general maintenance duties i.e. change lamps etc.
- Basic PC skills.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- City & Guilds/BTEC in Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of Computacenter head office systems
- Trained to use access equipment
- Any specialist relative training
- Health and safety qualification
Critical Success Factors
- Efficient operation of building services equipment
- Minimal downtime of essential services
- Proactive response to defect identification and rectification
- Close attention to statutory compliance
- Comply with health and safety regulation.
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Save Scheme