Job descriptionWe are seeking to recruit an experienced Customer Service Advisor based in Newcastle - Paying £9.30 per hour.
This is a contract role running to October 2021.
Hours of work are based on Monday to Thursday - 8.30am - 5pm and Friday - 8.30am - 4pm - flexibility required to work flexible hours.
Customer Service Advisors will provide comprehensive advice and information on a range of services via all contact channels e.g. telephone, face to face and other electronic channels.
The post holder will be expected to provide support for a range of internal and external customers, providing first contact resolution and taking ownership of customer’s enquiries.
The post holder will work within and actively promote customer service standards, acting as an ambassador for Customer Services.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly with variable hours of work.
• To effectively manage and respond to all enquires and communication via all contact channels e.g. telephone, post, email, face to face, and digital methods.
• To provide advice and information on a range of services as required
• To receive, process and issue applications for services
• To signpost customers to other services and events
• To receive and process complaints, comments or suggestions ensuring these are resolved, where possible, at first point of contact or escalate through agreed processes
• To process payments, be responsible for cash handling and maintaining accurate records adhering to all financial and audit requirements.
• To adhere to established procedures for each service request.
• Adhering to agreed Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and quality standards to maximise customer satisfaction and drive service efficiencies.
• To assist in the supervision and maintenance of day-to-day processes and routines to ensure delivery of an efficient and effective customer service function.
• Assisting in service development and continuous improvement projects and activities.
• Acting in accordance with the clients Health & Equal Opportunities (SHEQ) policies and ensure compliance with all policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
• Maintaining personal development, training and awareness and take personal responsibility for own development by highlighting any gaps to the relevant team leader or manager
• Be able to work to a high standard of accuracy that ensures prompt, efficient and effective service delivery.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
Good general education with a minimum of 4 GCSE at Grade C or above including Maths and English, or the equivalent, and/or able to demonstrate relevant experience and capability
Good literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
Experience in providing help, advice and information in a customer service environment
Experience of gathering organising and managing information
Experience of financial and administrative routines
Experience of working in a team and in a performance management culture
Ability to work as part of a team and/or work unsupervised as required
Ability to work consistently in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
Ability to stay calm under pressure
Delivers excellent Customer Service in line with standards and expectations
Positive attitude to challenges and change
Flexibility to work shifts and across different sites to meet our business needs across the opening hours of the service
Experience of payment routines and financial systems
Experience of using a range of associated business systems e.g. Contact Management, Customer Relationship Management, workforce Management
Experience of working across different channels e.g. telephone and face to face
Experience of supporting project work, activities and continuous improvement
Possesses a recognised Customer Service qualification e.g. NVQ, ICS
What to do now:
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website www.prsjobs.com
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.