Job description**Data Centre Shift Engineer – West London - £45K**
Location: West London
Salary: £45K plus 10% Annual Bonus
Hours – CONTINENTAL SHIFT
Our client who has built their reputation for over 40 years are looking for a Critical Electrical Shift Engineer to join their Reactive and Planned Maintenance Team on a Data Centre Site based in Slough. The successful candidate will be required to work a Continental Shift and will be rewarded with a £45K salary plus 10% Annual Bonus
Overtime available and fantastic opportunities to progress within the company, this is an employer who prefers to invest heavily and promote from within. In this current climate our client can offer career stability, longevity, and career progression.
- Successfully complete all aspects of assigned and/or shift projects, with little to no supervision.
- Oversee potentially medium impacting projects and can handle the coordination of resources, project execution, & communication with supervision.
- Conduct routine facility walkthroughs that identifies infrastructure risks and performance gaps
- Read and understand drawings and prints including one-lines and floor plans.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical data center infrastructure enabling the quick identification of root cause solutions to technical problems.
- Communicate technical activities relating to the facility, its assets, and their operation to relevant parties.
- Assist in facilitating Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) to ensure the recurrence of issues or incidents are eliminated.
- Execute and assist in developing and documenting step-by-step methods of procedure (MOPs) for critical maintenances.
- Execute and assist in the development of step by step Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Emergency
- Operating Procedures (EOPs) to drive the consistency of operation and quickly respond to incidents to return equipment to operation.
- Supervise and manage scheduled maintenance of electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed maintenance plans in accordance with Technical Change Management guidelines.
- Oversee the monitoring equipment and other critical systems.
- Assist in effectively leading Incident Management efforts in the event of system degradation/failures
- Communicating the status to all levels and resolving the issue in a timely fashion.
- Respond to Engineering requests with technical information for electrical power and mechanical capacity.
- Supervise external contractors undertaking specialist maintenance and inspections to ensure the quality of work is maintained.
- Adhere to company security policies and procedures, including health and safety, and local governing requirements as directed.
- Maintain meticulous 5S and housekeeping practices.
- Communicate regularly with peers regarding operational readiness and system conditions
- Experience with the electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment maintenance within data center or other critical environments
- Electrical or Mechanical Journeyman or Equivalent qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC, HV and LV switch boards, Transformers, Chillers, BMS (Trend), Fire Alarms, Sprinkler systems, UPS, Lead acid batteries, Generators, PDUs, and RPPs
- Capable of communicating at all levels under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and drive root cause analyses.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work unsupervised
- High Voltage qualification/current or expired for UK applicants.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at work acts, ie method statements, risk assessments.
- IT literate
- Knowledge and experience with preventive maintenance tools & forecasting
- Knowledge of Building Automation and Power Management Systems.
- Knowledge in accessing and managing Work Permits and Risk Assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
- Due to the 24x7 operation of the facility, must be able to work a flexible work schedule. May include nights, weekends, and holidays.