Job descriptionA well respected client of PRS have an excellent opportunity arise for a Communications Data Engineer to be based from Portsmouth but covering various sites across the South East and London.
Duties of the s Data Communications Engineer will be to;
- To carry out the installation, termination and testing of fibre optical, structured cabling and voice systems to a high level of understanding from a technical perspective
- Have responsibility for the supervision, installation and guidance reporting to the project manager on a technical level for all systems
- Be competent for the selection and installation of all types of containment systems to regulatory standards.
- To be able to communicate on a technical basis for fibre and data coms systems with the client and colleagues and show aptitude to support and consult in this field
- Working to, and development of programs on individual mobile basis as well as small projects teams
- Ability to install, terminate and test all types of fibre optical and structured cabling systems, interrogate and fault find using specialist equipment such as OTDR and Fluke testers.
- Ability to be able to select and review for appropriate types of containment systems and install following regulatory guidelines and requirements to a high level of compliance.
- Minimum of three year’s plus experience of working within a similar role of leadership
- Must be smart and presentable in appearance following and promoting company branding
- Must be able to generate and complete paperwork following company procedures to ensure an auditable trail for all activities.
- Must be able to work and participate in a large team environment and make suggestions and decision based on best practice