Job descriptionDivisional Health and Safety Advisor
Up to £45K
-Would you like to work for a company who have a history of developing great people through their investment in training?
-Would you like a flexible role?
-A company where development programmes are continuous?
-Would you like to work for company, which is fair, where everybody is treated with respect?
No wonder their employee's stay with them for years...
Who are we looking for ?
We are looking for Divisional Health and Safety Advisor who will be looking after contracts in London. If you are ambitious and like when no two days are the same, then this may be the role for you.
You will be assisting the operations team by assuring that health, safety and the sustainability strategy is in place. You will do this by supporting policies and procedures and ensuing they are implemented throughout your region.
· Provide the appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities relating to the activities under their leadership.
· Support and guide Divisional Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Employee’s in the execution of their Health and Safety Policy duties and respond to requests for support and guidance by Project Teams/Divisional Management on any Health and Safety matters that may being causing a concern to their specific Project Teams/Division etc
· Regularly visit (minimum requirement to be set by Divisional Health and Safety Manager) their Divisional project work locations to assess/review/inspect the level of safe working practices and compliance with their Health and Safety Management Systems. Exercise the necessary authority to order work to stop to prevent Health and Safety incidents or breaches from occurring.
· Manage and support their Divisional projects (including Project/Account specific Health and Safety support), ensuring that planned pro-active and unplanned reactive inspections of all workplaces, offices and any other associated work locations are undertaken to ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy/Procedures by making consistent, appropriate and timely recommendations to both directly employed and procured Supply Chain members that will correct and/or improve the overall Health and Safety performance.
· Support the Divisional Health and Safety Manager in producing accurate and timely Health and Safety reports (Monthly, Quarterly and Annually etc.) to communicate overall Divisional H&S performance for Divisional SLT/Regional/Projects SHEQ Leadership Meetings as well as any general Health and Safety Briefings and/or Performance review meetings etc.
What will you need?
· NEBOSH Certificate
· FM / Hard Service (M&E) Maintenance background and/or experience
· Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and an understanding of Industry Leading ‘Best Practice’ and/or recognised standards
· Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSAS 18001 moving to 45001)
· Good report writing skills and excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
Hybrid role, Click Apply Now.