Job descriptionDomestic Manager – Healthcare
£36,000 to £40,000
PRS are working with the Facilities Management service provider working with the Croydon University Hospital on their vacancy for a Domestic Manager. In the role of Domestic Manager, you will have day to day responsibility for ensuring that the ‘Domestic Service’ delivery to Croydon Hospital, Croydon and Community Clinics are maintained within contractual parameters and budget.
The Domestic Manager will effectively manage, monitor and develop the service to the satisfaction of the Croydon NHS Trust. Use standards set by the company to ensure the consistent delivery of service through adhering to the contract specification and establish good working relationships with own and client teams.
Key responsibilities of the role
▪ Ensuring Housekeeping Overall Performance are within the KPI.
▪ Ensuring Housekeeping Overall Performance are within budget and reflects industry best practice.
▪ Management of a 24-hour, 7 day a week, 365 days a year Cleaning and Domestic service.
▪ Overseeing Management of PEST and Fem hygiene sub-contractor.
▪ Creation of Monthly Performance Data, conducting trend analysis. Proactively manage all Service Requests and Tasks.
▪ Dealing with client representatives such as Trust/Client Management Team, Clinical Leads, All NHS Trust Staff and All Management. Ensure all contacts are handled in a professional manner
▪ Ensuring all HR and staff management is carried out and followed, such as absence, lateness, adherence
▪ Work from daily reports provided to ensure job are attended and completed within SLAs to minimise any overdue works, to ensure there is a fair distribution of workload to all
▪ Work from daily reports provided to ensure jobs are attended and completed within SLAs to minimise any overdue works.
▪ Provide full support and all training requirements to the Housekeeping function, any new starters on an ongoing basis. Ensure all training material is kept up to date, in line with Industry Standards, ISO9001
▪ Ability to create and manage Staff Rota, ensuring all shifts are covered, shift patterns are adhered to at all times. Provide cover, and solutions to all staff absenteeism, whether that is planned or unplanned.
▪ Flexible approach is essential, be prepared to cover all shift patterns, including weekends and Bank Holidays, participating in On Call Duties (1 in 9)
▪ Dealing with all performance/SLA related issues, including team performance, setting of SMART objectives for all team members.
▪ Ensure that own personal performance, training and development needs are adequately managed, exceed expectations wherever possible.
▪ Constantly looking to make improvements to the entire Helpdesk Team (wider Team), including personal development
▪ Handling all escalations, calls complaints, questions and queries as necessary, from all parties associated with us
▪ Carry out team meetings, actively participating in the monthly and weekly meetings, with own team, and any teams within the departments and/or Trust
The successful candidate will ideally have the following experience:
▪ Manager/Team Leader/Supervisor Experience Essential, with proven Track Record of Managing a successful Team
▪ Experience of working in an NHS Environment
▪ Sound Knowledge of CAFM Systems
▪ Accurate Record Keeping
▪ Able to build Professional Relationships, at all levels, both internally and externally
▪ Be able to work under pressure and prioritise workload accordingly
▪ Strong IT skills Knowledge of Microsoft Office
▪ Educated to a High Standard
▪ Problem-Solving – able to handle complex enquiries
▪ Having a strong focus on FM / Property support in the FM environment