Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an experienced Electrical Compliance Engineer to cover retail and commercial sites across the Staffordshire area.
The role is permanent working 40 hours per week paying circa £30k – £35kpa depending on your skill set and experience. A vehicle will also be provided.
Some shift work, night work, weekend working and travel away will also be required from time to time.
Carry out electrical testing (EICR) and associated remedial/project engineering services within a retail, commercial, office environment including the completion of NICEIC certification. Applicants must have the ability to complete works to a high standard, be fully conversant with BS7671:18th edition wiring regulations and be able to work using their own initiative.
The main characteristics of Accountabilities are:
· To undertake electrical testing and remedial/project works as required by the technical services specialist electrical team to a high standard ensuring the customers’ expectations are met.
· Self- motivated, responsible and organised individual working on their own initiative.
· All works carried out to be compliant with BS7671: 18th Edition wiring regulations.
· Achieve the highest standards of quality, service and presentation of the business
· Ensure company compliance with statutory regulations.
· To provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensures customer satisfaction.
· To take a proactive approach to customer liaison and ensure concerns are dealt with or relayed to line management promptly.
· To maintain personal and vehicle records in accordance with company operating procedures.
· To be fully aware of contractual requirements and customer needs at all times.
· Compliance with ISS Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies and procedures.
Ensure administration requirements are actioned, and all necessary documents / records / certification are accurate and submitted within the required timeframe.
· City & Guilds 236 Pt 1 & 2 or 2230 Level 3 NVQ 2356 / 2357 or City and Guilds 2330 Level 3 in Electrical Installation or AM1 and AM2.
· City & Guilds 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (BS7671: 2018) (Required 17th Edition at minimum).
· ONC, HNC, City & Guilds or recognised apprenticeship in electrical engineering or equivalent.
· City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing (or equivalent)
· Competent at completing electrical certification as required in BS7671: 2018
· Competent at using Microsoft software (Excel, word)
· 5 years’ experience in electrical installation work in a range of commercial/retail/office environments or relevant electrical maintenance role.
Desirable qualifications & experience
Previous experience with Amtech electrical certification software
What to Do:-
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.