Job descriptionElectrical Design Engineer, Hampshire
PRS are pleased to be working on this exclusive opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer with a Hampshire based consultancy.
Our client is a multi-displinary consutlancy who specialise in the design and project management of mechanical and electrical services across the Public and Private sectors. As well as delivering high-quality technical design solutions, they have a focus on energy efficiency and energy management, providing utility management, energy audit, energy management strategies, carbon reporting, and engineering solutions to reduce building energy consumption, carbon emissions, and energy costs.
They are a growing consultancy, and this appointment of an electrical design engineer is key to their ambition of becoming the leading consultancy in the Southern Region.
Our client works with a variety of clients, many who are repeat customers, on projects including residential developments, schools, commercial buildings and local Government buildings.
As such, we are looking for an experienced electrical building services design engineer to join the team to work on a variety of schemes across different market sectors both client side and design and build contracts.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will ideally be Chartered, or working towards Chartership, and be degree qualified. You should be able to work autonomously on electrical designs but also as part of a design team on projects from initial concept and feasibility stages through to detailed design and production of design documentation. Experience in all areas of electrical services is essential, with work tasks including:
- Site surveys and investigations
- Complete electrical services system designs for:
- Internal and external general and emergency lighting
- Electrical distribution and small power
- Fire and security alarm, access control, and CCTV
- Data and communication systems
- Low and zero carbon technologies
- Design calculations using industry software packages, such as Amtech, Dialux, Relux
- Produce electrical services design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Project management and contract administration
- Condition surveys
- Feasibility studies and technical investigations
In addition to the technical elements, the Electrical Design Engineer will assist with the development of the company and it’s client base, and further responsibilities would include:
- Management of contractors and other design consultants
- Business development and client relationship management
- Development and management of electrical services document templates and standards
This is a new opportunity in the market like no other: it offers a clear route of advancement and progression towards an Electrical Associateship or Directorship, working for a growing consultancy where there is flexibility in work.
For more information or to apply for this position please contact James Whicher