Job descriptionMulti-Skilled Engineer
8am – 5pm
A client of ours currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer (M&E), to work on a prestigious single site complex within its portfolio
You will be static based, and required you to carry out low/medium complexity HVAC maintenance on all AHU’s split units, chillers and associated systems, and will include minor electrical & plumbing/ building fabric interventions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with a proven record of innovation and continuous improvement throughout their career. A multi skilled approach and mind-set is essential
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive works to be completed within specific deadlines and targets.
- Complete PPM and reactive tasks in adherence to defined engineering standards and in accordance with HASAWA requirements.
- Work on HVAC (BMS), Electrical, Mechanical, internal drainage and plumbing installations.
- Carry out Fault Finding of HVAC systems, including : motors, bearings, actuators, belts/direct drive, invertors, AHU’s / AC split units, FCUs, and chiller plant.
- Carry out checks and inspections of HVAC / chiller plant and associated systems.
- Support fellow team members of varying trades with discipline specific PPMs / Reactive jobs.
- Suggest improvements and betterment solutions to systems installed on site, using trade knowledge and experience.
- Work closely with the Skanska Operations Manager to drive and develop the team’s overall success and service delivery to the client.
- Ensure all statutory & mandatory compliance maintenance tasks, records/certificates are kept up to date at all times in line with the contractual requirements.
- Ensure that work order reporting is updated quickly and concisely, liaising with the faults helpdesk when required.
- Deliver maintenance tasks in accordance with the current contract specification.
- Conduct all maintenance tasks giving consideration to access, current building users and ensure all H&S and contractual paperwork is approved and in place prior to work commencing (permits).
- Work with and escort where needed, Sub-Contractors of Skanska’s framework agreements.
- Adhere to the client and Skanska’s H & S procedure and requirements and promoting an Injury Free Environment.
We’re looking for:
- Minimum of HVAC Electrical/Mechanical City & Guilds, Part 1 and 2 or ’A’ and ’B or equivalent, experience and multi skilling capability.
- City & Guilds /NVQ/BTEC level in HVAC / electrical/mechanical engineering or similar or building services is desirable or suitable experience.
- Health and Safety Training and Specialist building services training is desired i.e. Water Treatment Systems, L8, Asbestos.
- Health & Safety IOSH qualification or similar is desirable or suitable experience.
- Good understanding of statutory compliance within the industry
- A good understanding and experience of BMS is desired, but not essential.
- IPAF / PASMA desired but not essential.
- Forward thinking and a pro-active approach.
- A problem solver and innovator.
- Be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Willing to skill share and likewise, be upskilled.
- Demonstrate previous Client Customer facing experience.
All offers are subject to passing DBS and level 2 Police vetting clearance. Failure to obtain this could result in a withdrawal of contract.
The facilities management team provides solutions to a wide range of both private and public sector clients. Working together to deliver outstanding results for customers and communities, our work covers all areas of facilities services from project management and compliance to assets, estates and energy management.