Job description***Electrical Engineer - up to £36000***
A fantastic opportunity to join an ever growing FM provider, reccession proof with great progression and training all round. My client is seeking experienced electrical engineers for a site based in Wilthsire.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or Team Leader, carry out electrical maintenance functions at the site. As an Electrical Engineer, you will be key to the effective and continuous availability of the Electrical Services associated with all buildings within the portfolio. You will provide electrical support to the Maintenance Manager in maintaining and fault finding of the electrical assets. 3 You should gain an understanding of the electrical services within the buildings and be able to use this knowledge to assist in system and plant fault identification and rectification. Part of your role will be to assist and carry out as a competent person both controlled and emergency switching of LV systems within the building. You will also be required to assist with other trades as the need dictates so a general understanding of all areas of building services is essential to the role.
- Ensure all assigned Planned Preventative Maintenance for electrical activities is completed to schedule.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on machines and equipment as per work order instructions.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all electrical systems.
- Be responsible for allocated work orders from receipt to completion.
- Provision of information on progress of allocated work orders.
- Isolate defective equipment from power supply, check visually for faults, tests for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment followed up with the appropriate certification.
- Maintain effective communication to the Maintenance Manager and Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Respond to reactive maintenance requests as directed.
- Carry out task related “Risk Assessments” and maintain the records.
- Control of good housekeeping and good working practices.
- Taking an active part in the on call system, which may require the applicant to become an authorised person for your relevant competency.
- Ensure full compliance of the company’s Safety Rules and apply good engineering and safety practices.
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to GxP (Good Engineering practice) where applicable.
- Adherence to the Quality Management System applied to all electrical systems.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certification/ documentation is filled out accordingly.
- Where necessary supervision of Specialist Service Contractors, including reviewing RAMS, completing inductions and issuing to authority to work / permit to work as per site procedures.
- Willing to work in secure and sensitive environment on an exclusively manned site and undertake security clearance if deemed appropriate for the area of works.
- Holiday pay.