Job descriptionOur client, a well respected FM Contractor are looking for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer on their reputable contract based within central Reading, Berkshire area with free parking available.
The Maintenance Electrician is part of a multidisciplined Reactive and PPM Team and will provide Electrically Biased support on 2 large and multi tenanted office blocks. The Electrician's role will be to carry out planned preventative maintenance, or respond to a multitude of electrical faults as part of the infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance and continued operation of site equipment.
Duties of the Resident Electrical Maintenance Engineer will include:
· Carrying out routine Maintenance to site Electrical and Facilities Equipment within a set schedule. Ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
· Carrying out Electrical Installations including Testing and Certification
· Carry out 5 Year Fixed Electrical Testing as required
· Complete test and Inspection Certificates in line with Client requirements
· Supporting the wider team in other areas where required related to customer requirements.
· Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
· Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
· Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out.
Knowledge & Qualifications required:
- City & Guilds Electrical Installation Level 3 2330 / 2360 OR Equivalent.
- City & Guilds 18th Edition BS7671
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as a qualified Electrician.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working within an Industrial/Commercial environment.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Must have a good understanding of Installation methods and selection of equipment required in Industrial premises’
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
· City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing OR Equivalent
· ECS / CSCS Card advantageous.
· IPAF 3A & 3B – Advantageous