Job descriptionOur client, a well respected FM Contractor are looking for an experienced Maintenance Electrician on their reputable contract based within South Oxfordshire, Oxford area.
The resident electrician is part of a multidisciplined Reactive and PPM Team and will provide Electrically Biased support on a large building, multi tenanted research and development site. The Electrician's role will be to carry out planned preventative maintenance, or respond to a multitude of electrical faults as part of the infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance and continued operation of site equipment.
Duties of the Resident Electrical Maintenance Engineer will include:
· Carrying out routine Maintenance to site Electrical and Facilities Equipment within a set schedule. Ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
· Carrying out Electrical Installations including Testing and Certification
· Carry out 5 Year Fixed Electrical Testing as required
· Complete test and Inspection Certificates in line with Client requirements
· Supporting the wider team in other areas where required related to customer requirements.
· Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
· Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
· Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out.
Knowledge & Qualifications required:
- City & Guilds Electrical Installation Level 3 2330 / 2360 OR Equivalent.
- City & Guilds 18th Edition BS7671
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as a qualified Electrician.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working within an Industrial/Commercial environment.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Must have a good understanding of Installation methods and selection of equipment required in Industrial premises’
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
· City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing OR Equivalent
· ECS / CSCS Card advantageous.
· IPAF 3A & 3B – Advantageous