Job descriptionJob Title: Electrically bias, Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Building services/ FM)
Location: Readin, Berkshire
Start Date: Immediate start
Pay Rate: £18
Pay: Weekly pay
Do you live near Reading, Berkshire
Do you have experience as a Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a commercial site?
Are you immediately available?
If the answer is yes, then read on...
Exciting opportunity to work for an established FM service provider situated in Reading, Berkshire. PRS are currently looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to be based at a commercial site in Reading. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a Electrical Maintenance Engineer from a commercial background. The hours are Monday to Friday 07:15 - 15:45. the candidate must be flexible to work some weekends. Weekends are paid at x1.5 for a Saturday and x2 for Sundays.
This is a temporary position for about 4-8 weeks, so therefore he or she will start on a temporary basis with an hourly rate paying £18.00 per hour. If you perform well the role could be extended.
Job Description – Provide the electrical and mechanical function to facilitate both Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive maintenance ensuring business continuity is always maintained . Assist with specified electrical/ mechanical project works.
- Perform a range of planned and reactive maintenance activities on all non-production electrical/mechanical equipment, both indoors, outside and in plant areas assigned through the (PPM) system.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed and signed off within the specified timeframe.
- Manage the daily function of the Building Management System (BMS)
- Diagnose machine breakdowns, recommend replacements for old or faulty electrical components/fittings and assist the Maintenance Supervisor in forecasting requirements.
- Perform electrical installation Additional Work Request (AWR’s) as and when required.
- Provide information and support on projects as and when required.
- Assist in managing electrical equipment and supplies on site, in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Assist in performing energy audits and recommend alternative sources of energy to reduce energy costs
- Ensure that all electrical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily.
- To assist with general facilities support tasks at all levels of the operation as specified by the Maintenance Manager.
- Contribute to managing the cleanliness around the site ensuring that no rubbish, redundant equipment, stock or pallets are left on roads and footpaths.
- Provide safe working environment for members of staff and colleagues.
- Maths / English Educated to GCSE standard desirable.
- Time served electrical apprenticeship in electrical maintenance or appropriate City and Guilds qualifications in electrical maintenance.
- 17th Edition IEE Electrical Regulations qualification.
- 3 years’ experience with air handling, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Time served mechanical apprenticeship in mechanical maintenance or appropriate City and Guilds qualifications in mechanical maintenance
- Good working knowledge of Building Management Systems.
- Test and inspect qualification