Job descriptionElectrical Engineer, Permanent, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, £35,000- £38,000
Job Type: Permanent
Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Deliverables
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical and Calibration Engineer to be based at our client site in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
- To ensure the delivery of electrical and calibration services to the contract in compliance with the contract deliverables and KPIs.
- Responsible for making sure the instruments and testing devices are calibrated correctly and give accurate readings in line with National UKAS and ISO/IEC 17025 : 2017 standards.
- Design and facilitate all common calibration procedures, including maintaining the calibration database and filing system.
- Responsible for all site electrical systems and calibrated assets, ensuring they are operated, maintained, diagnosed, and repaired to the appropriate statutory, regulatory and contract standards. Reporting any equipment or performance issues to the company Working Team Leader.
- Analyse the testing and inspection data, reporting your finding to the Working Team Leader.
- Work in conjunction with projects to control and maintain electrical drawings, procedures and certificates as required by site.
- Proactive engagement in LCAM system reviews ensuring continuous improvement of systems under your control.
- Data integrity in Agility / CAFM systems is reviewed and meets or exceeds statutory requirements.
- Proactive engagement and completion of capital projects and site minor works (SMW) that add or modify elements of systems under your control.
- Provide specialist advice and support for all Technical Services management activities associated with all building services.
- Attend the site out of hours as part of call out system, in cases of emergency when the sub-contractor, security operations or management request support.
- Assistance in the preparation of specialist estimates / quotations as required.
- Where applicable hold the responsibility for allocated work orders from receipt to completion
- Manage and Monitor the QFM and Building Management Systems.HR
- To ensure your performance is consistent and satisfactory
- To ensure you have the relevant skills and competencies to complete your job effectively
- Comply with HR policies and procedures at all times
- To fulfil requirements of the specified shift pattern and on call rota
- To comply with fulfilling any training and certification requirements requested of you
- To complete overtime as and when required HSW
- Ensure risks are appropriately documented and managed via company systems.
- To hold First Aid status and complete associated duties as an when required.
- To hold Fire Marshall status and complete associated duties as an when required.
- To proactively to report any near misses or accidents and ensure actions are closed out prior to deadline.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are consistently kept at 0
- Ensure sufficient no. of SORs are being logged and process complied with
- Review SCON RAMS as and when required
- Ensure compliance to DEL RAMS
- Ensure compliance to SCON RAMS
- Effective COSHH Management and documentation
- Comply with Uniform and PPE mandate at all times
- To comply with company SSOW and associated compliance Policies and procedures at all times.
- To hold CP status and complete associated duties as and when required.
- To hold AP status and complete associated duties as and when required.IT
- To maintain proficiency on all relevant IT packages and systems
- To ensure CAFM asset data remains up to date at all times.
- To keep up to date with relevant IT systems and proactively utilise Office 365 and Smartsheet applications.
- To use Asset Management Software effectively at all times
- Proactively suggest ways to reduce energy consumption.
- To establish a consistently positive working relationship with your client and end users.
- To ensure feedback mechanism is used to allow clients feedback to be monitored and actions logged and closed out.
- To satisfy all contract deliverables.
- To ensure KPIs and SLAs are passed so that the company does not incur financial penalties.
- Qualified to HNC or equivalent level in electrical engineering
- C&G 2383 -18 18th Edition or equivalent
- C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing
- CompEx EX01, EX02, EX03, EX04 is desirable
- Experience calibrating measuring instrumentation to National UKAS standards
- Hold LV AP Status and other Appointments as deemed appropriate
- 2 years + Experience of installation, testing, maintenance, and operation of LV distribution systems
- Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS
- Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of key operational procedures e.g. time sheets, planned maintenance systems, Quality and Health & Safety
- Experience of positively dealing with the resolution of customer problems within specific contracts
- IOSH Working Safely certified
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract
- A strong engineer with gravitas and charisma to stand out amongst others and the ability to bring the best out of people.
- An obvious empathy with customers and clients, an ability to quickly grasp their needs and an ability to galvanise resources to satisfy clients demands.
- The energy and infectious enthusiasm to get things done.
- Work to tight timescales, under pressure, high level of written technical standards.
- Professionally curious, always looking to improve technically.
- Enthusiastic in their approach, can drive momentum, willingness to succeed and can-do attitude.
- Strong team player who consistently helps colleagues to achieve operational excellence.
Monday to Thursday
Shift one 0700-1600 1hr lunch break (change weekly)
Shift two 10.00-1900 1hr lunch break (change weekly)
Shift one 0700-1600 1hr lunch break (change weekly)
Shift two off with Working TL covering
Shift one Off (Change weekly)
Shift two 07.00-1600 (Change weekly)