Job descriptionJob Title: Electrically bias, Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer (Building services/ FM)
Location: Frimley, Surrey
Start Date: Immediate start
Type: Temporary with the opportunity of the role becoming permanent for the right candidate
Pay Rate: £18/19ph
Pay: Weekly pay
Do you live near Frimley, Surrey?
Do you have experience as a Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a commercial site?
Are you immediately available?
Do you have or are you able to pass a DBS check?
If the answer is yes, then read on...
Exciting opportunity to work for an established FM service provider situated in Frimley, Surrey. PRS are currently looking for an Multi-skilled Electrically Bias Maintenance Engineer to be based at a commercial site in Frimley. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer ideally with some experience in a critical environment.
This is a temporary position for about 2 months, so therefore he or she will start on a temporary basis with an hourly rate paying £18.00- £19.00 per hour. If you perform well the role could be extended/be made a permanent fixture.
Job Description – Provide the electrical and mechanical function to facilitate both Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive maintenance ensuring business continuity is always maintained . Assist with specified electrical/ mechanical project works.
- Perform a range of planned and reactive maintenance activities on all non-production electrical/mechanical equipment, both indoors, outside and in plant areas assigned through the (PPM) system.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed and signed off within the specified timeframe.
- Manage the daily function of the Building Management System (BMS)
- Diagnose machine breakdowns, recommend replacements for old or faulty electrical components/fittings and assist the Maintenance Supervisor in forecasting requirements.
- Perform electrical installation Additional Work Request (AWR’s) as and when required.
- Provide information and support on projects as and when required.
- Assist in managing electrical equipment and supplies on Industrial site, in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Assist in performing energy audits and recommend alternative sources of energy to reduce energy costs
- Ensure that all electrical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily.
- To assist with general facilities support tasks at all levels of the operation as specified by the Maintenance Manager.
- Contribute to managing the cleanliness around the site ensuring that no rubbish, redundant equipment, stock or pallets are left on roads and footpaths.
- Provide safe working environment for members of staff and colleagues.
- Perform Authorised Person (AP) role on the Permit to Work System.
- Participate in the emergency on call rota.
- Maths / English Educated to GCSE standard desirable.
- Time served electrical apprenticeship in electrical maintenance or appropriate City and Guilds qualifications in electrical maintenance.
- 17th Edition IEE Electrical Regulations qualification.
- 3 years’ experience with air handling, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Time served mechanical apprenticeship in mechanical maintenance or appropriate City and Guilds qualifications in mechanical maintenance
- Good working knowledge of Building Management Systems.
- Test and inspect qualification