Job descriptionJob Title: Electrical Technician
Location: Bristol, Avon
Start Date: Immediate start
Duration: 3 months minimum. Possible permanent opportunity.
Hourly rate: £17-19ph
Do you live in Bristol?
Do you have experience working on commercial buildings as an Electrical Maintenance engineer?
Do you have a qualification in Electrical Engineering?
If the answer is yes, then read on...
Exciting opportunity to work for an established FM service provider situated in Bristol.
PRS are currently looking for an Electrically bias Maintenance Engineer to be based on a commercial site in Bristol, Avon. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an Electrical Technician.
To apply trade skills and experience to ensure the satisfactory completion of allocated maintenance, breakdown repairs, ensuring work is carried out and completed in compliance with the contract specification and to client satisfaction. To work proactively with the Helpdesk & Scheduler to ensure that PPM and Reactive tasks are attended to in accordance with the contract timescales at all times.
- Apply relevant trade skills to any allocated jobs as directed by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Good knowledge of electrical testing, maintenance, refurbishment and install.
- To use relevant systems for the allocation and closure of work orders and maintenance of the Maximo system.
- Work alone with minimum supervision or within a team to carry out maintenance/repair of Electrical services plant and equipment across the site. Work alone or in a team carrying out refurbishment and new works across the site. To complete within the KPI’s.
- To integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff such as engineers particularly for electrical maintenance, new and remedial works.
- To carry out electrical works as required i.e. new works, refurbishment and capital works replacement programme.
- To carry out electrical repairs and cleaning of mechanical components and equipment as necessary.
- To respond promptly and efficiently to plant breakdowns.
- To integrate and communicate effectively with the electrical engineering and fabric maintenance function.
- To prepare pressure vessels for insurance inspections and carry out necessary repairs/testing.
- To maintain/assist and carry out cleaning and repairs on various equipment within our remit.
- To undertake training and qualify as Authorised or Competent Person for plant/systems as required.
- Required to attend training programmes as necessary to meet contract requirements and for self-development purposes.
- Required to participate in over-time work from time to time as necessary to meet the requirements of the service.
- To keep good record for all PPM and Reactive works attended to.
Candidates will need to be qualified in either electrical or mechanical engineering to Level 3 NVQ in Electrical/mechanical services or equivalent. 17th/18th edition. Experience of building and facilities maintenance. Plant room maintenance experience.
The hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm