Job descriptionMaintenance Electrician - Static Site
£33 - £35,000 per annum
We are recruiting for a maintenance electrician to undertake all electrical works on a static site in Nottingham. The role is a permanent position Mon-Fri circa 40 hours, basic salary between 333 - £35,000 per annum.
Ensure that all equipment and services are maintained and operated in a safe condition to comply with Health & Safety.
- Monitor regular inspection procedures (preventative maintenance) of equipment.
- Record and keep logs of inspection reports and remedial work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of statutory regulations and to ensure awareness of all safety procedures.
- Undertake electrical repairs and installations as appropriate.
- Report any defects at time of service visit.
- Responsible for vehicle and materials on board.
- Understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- Attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
- City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1&2 qualification or equivalent.
- IEE 17th or 18th Edition Regulations
- Experience in dealing with all types of electrical installation work, within the services sector.
- Ability to undertake all facets of maintenance and installation requirements as required within the scope of the contract.
- Be pro-active and have the ability to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer-based systems.
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change / flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive).
- Pro-active and positive approach to work.
- Must have sound interpersonal skills and pay attention to detail.
- Presented in a clean and tidy manner to represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role.
- Good knowledge of building Statutory Compliance.
- Able to carry tools and equipment by hand up to 20kg.
- Able to ascend/descend vertical access equipment; able to work at height.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Must be available to join a call out rota.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.